• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    THIS SATURDAY!!

The Ropkey Armor Museum (Ropkey Armor Museum) is hosting a drive-in / fly-in event this Saturday, June 18th. All day.

He's hoping to have several vintage aircraft and autos.

In addition, the armor museum will be open for perusing.

Hunting for something to do, this'd probably be fun!

(Fred is VERY pro-2A as well.....)

-J-

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Wow, I drive past Crawfordsville on I74 for work often and didn't know that this place existed. I will have to check it out the next time I'm in the area. Looks pretty cool. And if your ever in the Ft. Knox Kentucky area the museum there is really neat, and free the last time I checked it out.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yep, it's just a hop & a skip off of I-74 at the SR 32 exit!

They're not open all the time, though. Not like you can just pull in & expect them to be open.

His inventory of stuff is amazing. Seriously amazing considering it's all been built with private money from a "regular guy".

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I've only been a few times, liked it each time.

Went to their Fly-In last year; they actually got their Polish transport fired up and in the air. THAT is a BIG plane. Very strange looking. Look up the Antonov An-2.

He's also got THE VTOL aircraft that astronauts used to train on. Not just one of the aircraft; THE aircraft. As in "they only made one and he has it".

-J-

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Cool!!! I wondered what ever happened to the guy up on 465 on the west side that had all the neat toys. We'll have to roadtrip up there one day.
    One in the same. It's been about 5 years or so hasn't it? Never knew Fred, only 1 I know is Rick. Still see him from time to time. I hear him and Dad are night and day.

So who is gonna get us pics?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    One in the same. It's been about 5 years or so hasn't it? Never knew Fred, only 1 I know is Rick. Still see him from time to time. I hear him and Dad are night and day.

So who is gonna get us pics?

yep, same feller. Found a deal on some land near Darlington, built his museum and a home there. Then they completed the airstrip. Nice place!

It looks like it's going to be HOT on Saturday. We'll see how much of the heat I can take. I plan on snapping lots of photos, that's for sure!

-J-

Top Bottom