• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Hit or miss. Mostly miss, but you never know. Any specific bar? The flashy/glitzy bars are more likely to make a big deal about "security" :rolleyes: I was in a half dozen downtown bars yesterday (but was NOT carrying at the time) and I wasn't wanded/patted at any of them, but the places I went are pretty old school and I wouldn't have expected it.

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I must live under a rock, but there are actually bars out there that use wands and/or perform pat-down searches?

IMO, if a bar needs that, I sure as hell don't need(want) to be going to that bar.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I also have never seen any wand pr pat downs in Indy. The bigger bars in Broadripple are a different story.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I've been to my fair share of bars in BR and have never been patted down or wanded.
    Ive only been once but it may have been cause it was New Years eve. :dunno:
    I got wanded at Peppers

ETA: all the bars on the corner were doing the same (cant remember the names)

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I must live under a rock, but there are actually bars out there that use wands and/or perform pat-down searches?

IMO, if a bar needs that, I sure as hell don't need(want) to be going to that bar.

He DID say "bars downtown." I assume he means the row of bars on S. Meridian. They are most likely safe, if you go about 2pm on a Tuesday. I walk down that section of road getting to my car after work, and believe me, if I didn't REALLY want to get home, there's no way I would even walk close to that area. You couldn't pay me enough to want to go there.

The only way you could make it worse would be if you walked by the thugs at the mall on your way to the bars. I'd say wear a vest, but the thugs seem to prefer to shoot people in the legs for some reason. They are such poor shots that they do occassionaly kill someone, however.

panderson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I went on a pub crawl last weekend and was not patted down/wanded once. With the way downtown is right now, I would definitely be carrying when going out downtown. I generally try to avoid the place like the plague.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    really?

Really guys? I live 6 blocks from the Circle...the only threat I've ever seen in the downtown bars along Meridian are the drunk juiceheads wearing tapout and other MMA related clothing who try to start fights. During the daytime there are no problems whatsoever, and at night, even on the weekends, there are enough police and everyday people around. That being said, I still CC when I go out for just-in-case situations, unless I go out planning to get drunk. At that point I leave my gun home.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    The last 2 or 3 times I have driven passed these bars on a weekend night there have been people in handcuffs and proned out on the ground. Downtown is safe my ass.

Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    We went out Saturday nite, had no problems and saw no problems, from the bars on S Meridian back to the Marriot. Im originally from Cincinnati, and while you Indy guys may think downtown isnt safe, its way better than downtown Cincinnati

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    We went out Saturday nite, had no problems and saw no problems, from the bars on S Meridian back to the Marriot. Im originally from Cincinnati, and while you Indy guys may think downtown isnt safe, its way better than downtown Cincinnati
    It is better than south central LA too but we don't live there. It is not safe enough to be wandering around down there unarmed. Not trying to be an ass but comparing to other areas has nothing to do with the safety here.

Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    I was just saying that it was much safer than Cincinnati, and Im happy to be living around here, my wife and I were armed and aware, as we always are

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Indy is the safest city I have ever been to, however I cc every time I go downtown.
    Did you like the Slippery Noodle Bob? It has been my favorite for 15 years.

Top Bottom