• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I am. Have a few friends with sunflower plots, and we might chop some silage in a couple days. Should be flyin in like kamikazes. :ar15:

BUT...it might not be as good as last year. This year the bean fields are gonna get harvested sooner, so the birdies will have more places to eat.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I'm supposed to go on Wednesday. Not that fired up about hunting them but can't wait to wrap those breasts in bacon and soak them in barbeque sauce! :rockwoot:

mmmmmm.....that do sound goooooood.

I haven't dove hunted in years but am thinking about returning. Now if only I can get my Rem. 1100 back from my son!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Seeing dove everywhere this year. I can't wait to go out. Got a buddy at work with a secret hot spot that lets me tag along.

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Going to be a little slow around here. We were able to double crop all the winter wheat, so that's out for a food source. I'd guess we are still giong to kill 200+ but it won't be a barn burner by any means.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    I wont be able to go until Saturday but went out to my 5 acre sweet corn patch that i mowed down 3 weeks ago and saw about 50-75 doves this am.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    :dunno: I havent had/made the time to go look for a place to shoot em. the season snuck up on me to quickly. I'm sure Ill hunt em this year just doubt that I'll make the opener..which will be the first time in years that I missed opening day:noway:

KEHO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Noblesville
    I'm all ready to go.... but don't have anywhere to hunt. I assume the public lands will be shoulder to shoulder this weekend.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    :dunno: I havent had/made the time to go look for a place to shoot em. the season snuck up on me to quickly. I'm sure Ill hunt em this year just doubt that I'll make the opener..which will be the first time in years that I missed opening day:noway:
    We'll hit them up next weekend!
    I'll try to do some scouting this weekend.
    With this drought, do you think they'll cut fields early?

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers

We drove our spot tonight, looking pretty good. We're hunting a large farm just East of Lafayatte, birds were in the air, second time we've seen the evening pattern moving from the \feilds to the roost at sundown!! I have a new 28 ga, a little SxS, can' wait to warm up the barrels and get some dove on the grill.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN

I think the beans are about ready down here...not to sure about the corn.
    I still need to get my stamp and HIP number...I've been slacking on everything this year.
    I'm going to try to drive down there where I got a couple of limits last year and see what they have done with that field they left plowed up{below the field with the big bales}..if they let it grow and then baled it I think that,that place will be killer with all that water around it.

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    3 of us killed 42 yesterday afternoon in 90 minutes. Pretty decent hunt overall. Had to cut it short due to some prior engagements. We should limit tonight with 4 of us pretty easily. More doves around than I thought a week ago.

RyanV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    La Porte County
    I went out on opening day at JP with a buddy, we drew 6th pick but ended up getting 3rd because of guys not showing up. We both limited out but we got rained on pretty good. It was his first time dove hunting and I hadn't been in years. Lots of fun had by all, now if I could a picture on my blackberry to post on here.....

kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008
    Day 1 i got 9 Seen 500+ birds (around patoka lake)
    Day 2 Bluegrass FWA seen 100 birds killed 14 (killer decoy setup)

Top Bottom