• ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Well said, but I'd add one more.
    Voting for a third party that doesn't stand a chance, allows the status quo to win.

How does this add up? if the two candidates are so deplorable like what we have now that you just wouldn't vote at all for either of them (like I did in hte primaries) how is that a vote FOR anyone else? Because without someone I like to vote for, I would go vote for the locals, state and NOT vote for these other two. Is that ALSO a vote for [insert your prized moron here]?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    How does this add up? if the two candidates are so deplorable like what we have now that you just wouldn't vote at all for either of them (like I did in hte primaries) how is that a vote FOR anyone else? Because without someone I like to vote for, I would go vote for the locals, state and NOT vote for these other two. Is that ALSO a vote for [insert your prized moron here]?
    No where did I say that a vote for a third party is a vote for anybody else. I did say that it will allow the status quo to win.

Don't believe me? Ask Ross Perot.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    No where did I say that a vote for a third party is a vote for anybody else. I did say that it will allow the status quo to win.

Don't believe me? Ask Ross Perot.

There's
    A pretty large difference in the candidate choices here from Ross Perot. HW was a decent man but had the TV presence of a celery stick. Slick Willy was just that.... he was slick and a fast talker. Neither of the current candidates are decent people and neither are slick talkers like Billy. Might as well tell me that a watermelon is no different than a grape.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    There's
    A pretty large difference in the candidate choices here from Ross Perot. HW was a decent man but had the TV presence of a celery stick. Slick Willy was just that.... he was slick and a fast talker. Neither of the current candidates are decent people and neither are slick talkers like Billy. Might as well tell me that a watermelon is no different than a grape.
    They're both fruits.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    There's

And Ross Perot had a lot of good things to say, unlike Gary Johnson. The personalities are irrelevant. I'm not comparing the people, I'm comparing the situations. I'm saying the end result will be the same, a Clinton wins, and your rights will be eroded farther.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    :laugh: The main thing is.....don't take anything I say on the interwebz too seriously.

Now.....to go cast my vote for HRC. I really like what Bill did in the past. Hopefully it's like that again. IIRC, we had a surplus.

:abused:

I have met Seedubs1 in the real world and he is pretty switched on.
    Now this latest decision and how he arrived at it puts my original observation to the test but I remain steadfast in this opinion.
    My son/SIL/Daughter and others that age all seem to have succumbed to the media blitz on their minds. This might be the norm and us older guys are missing it.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    That's your assumption. If all the people that were telling us they were tired of the options and the party politics would actually do something other than vote party line, we'd have a third option by a landslide. It's circular logic that will never get better.

**** it. Meteor for 2016.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Thinking on this... I think I understand why this **** pisses me off more now than before. You see... not that long ago I made the decision to not live in fear. What happens in this life is going to happen. I can do what I can to be prepared, to plan as best as I can and to be proactive in the things I can be. But some things, well you just can't decide for yourself. Like being a 30 year vegan and health nut only to have a heart attack and die at 59.

So I made that choice that I was not going to live my life in fear. Not of death, not of terrorists or bombs. Certainly not over some blowhard or felon. So voting in fear of "the other guy winning" goes against my core principle. Life's too short for that ****. Too short for boring cars, slow bikes or cheap beer. So that is likely WHY I am pushing back on all these *******s that want to get in my face and tell me how I'm only helping hillary because I won't throw my principles to the wayside to cast a vote for someone I do not like.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    .... If all the people that were telling us they were tired of the options and the party politics would actually do something other than vote party line, we'd have a third option by a landslide. ..........

You might be missing the forest due to all of the trees.
    Trump is not the Republican party candidate, as shown by the hate from the republican apparatchik.
    He is as close to a "third party" candidate that has been reached in as long as I can remember.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    You might be missing the forest due to all of the trees.
    Trump is not the Republican party candidate, as shown by the hate from the republican apparatchik.
    He is as close to a "third party" candidate that has been reached in as long as I can remember.

Stop confusing people with facts, people who see that little "(R)" next to Trump's name and go full Pavlov's Dog.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Stop confusing people with facts, people who see that little "(R)" next to Trump's name and go full Pavlov's Dog.

You know I voted "R" for a lot of elections. I don't like this one. I didn't really like the last one either. Just because the established R's don't like him doesn't mean I have to like him. Nor does his status amongst the other R's have any bearing on my opinion of his character, nor his ability to lead the country. I came to those conclusions without the "R" attached to his name.

Buy you keep on going with your bad self. Don't let facts get in the way. Care to tell me what else I think and feel while you're at it? I mean, you're doing a hell of a job at it.

Top Bottom