• ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Use me as a reminder.

I have a tractor and the last time I started it, it sounded alittle slow on the start and the battery voltage was low. I conditioned it with my smart charger and had no warning codes. That was two weeks ago. I made a mental note to replace the battery, but forgot.

Yesterday, I fired it up and nothing happened. The battery had only 9 volts and I got a plate damage error code on the charger. Last time I had a battery problem it was 40 degrees.

Yesterday it was 18 degrees and I had to plow the driveway. So three hours later, I had a new battery in the tractor and got to work.

I almost screwed myself, if all the snow hit at one time, there would have been problems getting a new battery and clearing my driveway.

The battery was only $70 and I should not have put it off.

All my vehicle batteries are now on a 4 year replacement schedule-period.

I event wrote dates on each of them. Also I will make sure the repairs are done when its warm...

StarbaseSSD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Clarksville IN
    +1

Yeppers. Happened to me last week. But to my truck. Had 3 previous failures (battery only 3 years old, manufatured 1/06) I wrote off to leaving electronics on over the past 6 months. Last week, charger showed failure, bad cell. Ran the anti-sulfation mode, got it to take enough of a charge to get it started, got the battery replaced. Outside temp: +10. Wind chill: -5.

Why don't things like this fail when it's 60 degrees and sunny?:rolleyes:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I replace mine when It won't run any more. Most batteries last a lot longer than 4 years if you keep them charged.

Top Bottom