• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I will most likely reach out to a lawyer on this one; however, I thought I would ask here about my idea.
    What would it take to donate a personal firearm to a raffle being held to benefit a friend? I understand in Indiana there is no need for a form 4473 between two legal individuals for sales.
    I'm thinking this is a different situation. This will be an in state raffle only. Does anyone know what the ATF or State of Indiana would have to say about this?

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    Sounds simple, but you may have some steps to take to ensure compliance in this scenario.
    I agree. I'm smart enough to know there may be more to this... and dumb enough not to know what that is. I'm not looking to get "hit over the head" by some stupid regulation that would almost certainly be unnecessary

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Local gun club has raffles and the go thru a dealer , but i imagine this is to keep from someone from the club going thru a ffl to have it on hand. These are also new guns though.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Are there requirements or obligations?
    if you're going to take the deduction you need a signed/dated letter from the organization stating the value and that nothing was received from them to you.
    The org also needs to be a deductible charity to take the deduction. Even if proceeds may be ultimately going to a charity, if the raffle isn't being run by a charity stuff isn't deductible.

Top Bottom