• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    The fact that DONALD TRUMP.....DONALD TRUMP....is even getting serious support says volumes about the current state of the Republican Party and the 14 (possibly 16) candidates trying for the nomination. Having said that, I like Rand Paul. Trump is a salesman, as showman, and he says what he thinks will sell. The party is having an identity crisis and we will see how 14 candidates will tear each other down in their effort to get the nomination and in doing so, fracturing the party further.

This is a very real concern. I truly hope that the candidates that know they cannot be elected withdraw and offer support to the party rather than help the Dems tear it down. I don't think Trump can be elected, and the thought of more of the same from the White House scares the hell out of me.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    The one thing I like about trump is the fact that he's speaking out on the issues that everyone else wants to tip toe around. If nothing else, it will create some interesting talking points for the candidates. (and I do like rand paul).

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I'd like to take credit for dreaming this up but I can't remember from where I heard some variation of: All you really have to do to know how much a candidate believes in the 2A is to ask them if they'd sign onto a bill that would repeal laws like NFA and GCA. Any equivocation, anything other than a 'yes' or '****-yes', tells you all you really need to know.

I would be flat out impressed if any candidate even knew what that was off hand let alone had an answer for it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I would be flat out impressed if any candidate even knew what that was off hand let alone had an answer for it.

You're probably right. So simply ask them if they were given the opportunity to sign into law a bill that would remove all restrictions on the owning silencers, SBRs, and machine guns, would they sign it? I'd bet you'd be lucky to get 2 out of the current bunch running to say 'yes'. I think Cruz and Paul would but I bet the rest would give some double-talk about the country not being ready for such weapons in the hands of just anybody, etc.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Trump is doing the yeoman's work for us on immigration. If we lose the war on immigration, we'll eventually lose the 2A along with anything else the libs want to take.

Everybody, myself included, thought Trump didn't have a chance. We're all getting proven wrong. Maybe we need to rethink Trump for president?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Trump is doing the yeoman's work for us on immigration. If we lose the war on immigration, we'll eventually lose the 2A along with anything else the libs want to take.

Everybody, myself included, thought Trump didn't have a chance. We're all getting proven wrong. Maybe we need to rethink Trump for president?

I'm sorry for being blunt but this is a major problem with our electoral system. Being a popular candidate or "polling well" does NOT make someone a good leader, it makes you the dumbass who either follows them of the cliff they are leading you off of or at best the one who's head is rammed up their ass when they suddenly stop.

When did we become a nation of followers who always want to be at the popular table?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm sorry for being blunt but this is a major problem with our electoral system. Being a popular candidate or "polling well" does NOT make someone a good leader, it makes you the dumbass who either follows them of the cliff they are leading you off of or at best the one who's head is rammed up their ass when they suddenly stop.

When did we become a nation of followers who always want to be at the popular table?

I guess one could always move to the country with the second best electoral system? :dunno:

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    If trump followed through on his one promise to build a wall, then he'd be the best candidate by far right now on any side. You cant deny he stands by what he says. His businesses are impressive, another good quality to have as far as leading the country. Trump doesnt look like he's backing down at all, and that alone is more than any republican yet, minus maybe walker. Would trump advocate racking up trillions in more debt? I doubt it. Our financial situation and illegal immigration are the two biggest problems in this country. If we had a president and congress that worked on only those 2 things for 4 years, that would be awesome. Hopefully trump goes all the way.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Trump-White-House-300x225.jpg

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm just picturing some particular left-leaning people having to say the words "President Trump" out loud, and it's cracking me up. Who better to walk into the UN and lay it on the line? They would love him there.

Lol.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Trump is entertaining and his business accomplishments are impressive.

Leader of the free world? Um....no.

The purple didn't come through on my screen, His corporations have filed for bankruptcy in '91, '92, '04, and '09. He has enriched himself at the expense of his investors. I know, caveat emptor. But perhaps he would be a better fit as a senator.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    The one thing I like about trump is the fact that he's speaking out on the issues that everyone else wants to tip toe around. If nothing else, it will create some interesting talking points for the candidates. (and I do like rand paul).

It would not surprise me if this is not the main reason for the level of support he's receiving. The base of the party doesn't want amnesty, the Chamber of Commerce and party leadership do. Who's going to win? IMO if the CoC and GOP establishment get their way the party will go the way of the Whigs.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Top Bottom