Not open for further replies.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Previously I had planned on voting a straight Republican ticket but after the blatant disregard for our liberties being trashed by Holcomb and the surging numbers by Rainwater I believe that is my choice as well. I too worry about splitting the vote, but feeling better ow with the surging numbers. If close to election day my mind changes all I can promise is there will not be a vote cast for a Democrat.

Roguelet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Montgomery County
    There is another chance to hear Donald Rainwater talk about the issues tonight.

Link to the livestream

VTH_1.jpg

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    All I am trying to say is this is the worst time in American history to even take the slightest chance to get an anti-second amendment democratic governor in office because of splitting the votes. If this was a primary Rainwater would have my vote.

What is an anti-second amendment Democrat governor in office going to be able to do, with overwhelming Republican control of both chambers of IGA?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Here is a link to the interview on WISH TV this morning. Credit to the host who asked questions and stepped back and let him talk. No leading questions or attempts to paint Rainwater as some kook.

This is the first I have seen him interviewed and I was impressed with his demeanor and answers.

All INdiana Politics: Gubernatorial candidate Donald Rainwater on state’s coronavirus response, mask mandates

Good video!

(Side note: wow; Myers is a horrible public speaker. That is the best the Democrats could come up with this year?)

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Back on the fence with this topic...here's what's compelling...

1.) Rainwater is vocal about his stance on 2A
    2.) You can always abstain from voting for a candidate if you cannot decide. Just because you do not want to vote for Holcomb DOES NOT MEAN that you must vote for Myers. I will not vote for a candidate just because I hate the guy opposite him. I'm so tired of holding my nose...
    3.) I am really watching the poling numbers changing as he gets his name/message out there. It's a rocky place to be if he's an independent governor. How does he work with a state legislature that is party driven? OR is that a bonus here? Not on one of the given two sides so it carries less danger for a state rep to be supportive of an administration that isn't technically 'the other party'.
    4.) Really waiting to see the gubernatorial debates this year (October 20th @ 7pm and October 27th on WFYI)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How will he work with the state legislature? Well. I think his goals and the chamber-o-commerce Republican’s goals will be very different.

Roguelet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Montgomery County
    If you have questions or concerns about how Donald Rainwater would accomplish something, I highly recommend going to one of his events and talking to him in person. He does not shy away from questions, he does not talk in circles, and he will discuss and explain whatever you want to talk about in a thoughtful and honest manner until you have all of the information that you requested. It is well worth it if you're considering voting for him.

Where he will be in person this weekend:

Friday, October 16th: Patriot Rally in Warsaw, IN
    Saturday, October 17th: Meet and Greet in Evansville, IN
    Sunday, October 18th: Meet and Greet in Greenfield, IN
    Sunday, October 18th: Meet and Greet Madison, IN

Event details can be found here

121494757_3105934089534176_2014236458386931312_n.jpg

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Back on the fence with this topic...here's what's compelling...

1.) Rainwater is vocal about his stance on 2A
    2.) You can always abstain from voting for a candidate if you cannot decide. Just because you do not want to vote for Holcomb DOES NOT MEAN that you must vote for Myers. I will not vote for a candidate just because I hate the guy opposite him. I'm so tired of holding my nose...
    3.) I am really watching the poling numbers changing as he gets his name/message out there. It's a rocky place to be if he's an independent governor. How does he work with a state legislature that is party driven? OR is that a bonus here? Not on one of the given two sides so it carries less danger for a state rep to be supportive of an administration that isn't technically 'the other party'.
    4.) Really waiting to see the gubernatorial debates this year (October 20th @ 7pm and October 27th on WFYI)

1) 2A stance. Mix with his stance on Cannabis. Now throw in the 4473 Federal form and firearm ownership. Legal Snares abound.

-A Pandering politician is the most dangerous type. Everything he stands for is the "vote getting" position. everything he says feels as if he got the general poll, then said "yes, that one! That's my answer".
    -He means well in tax reduction, but it is not so simple as "asking" the house to allocate funding where it "should" go, everyone sees a different "should" location. His stance on farmers... farmers are not private property, they are almost all llc / llp / business entities. Farmers, and other small business (llc, llp, etc) by omission- would be subject to the higher taxes.
    -Remove funding, Remove Gov. Positions. ALL very dangerous things. He may have no legislative backing.

I for one, say that we should hold out with Holcomb one more cycle and give Rainwater a chance to better solidify his position and views or another Rep. to step up.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    If you have questions or concerns about how Donald Rainwater would accomplish something, I highly recommend going to one of his events and talking to him in person. He does not shy away from questions, he does not talk in circles, and he will discuss and explain whatever you want to talk about in a thoughtful and honest manner until you have all of the information that you requested. It is well worth it if you're considering voting for him.

Where he will be in person this weekend:

Friday, October 16th: Patriot Rally in Warsaw, IN
    Saturday, October 17th: Meet and Greet in Evansville, IN
    Sunday, October 18th: Meet and Greet in Greenfield, IN
    Sunday, October 18th: Meet and Greet Madison, IN

Event details can be found here

121494757_3105934089534176_2014236458386931312_n.jpg

I disagree. I watched his facebook interview. He dodged almost every question except those that he WANTED to answer. He talked his circles just as coached.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    1) 2A stance. Mix with his stance on Cannabis. Now throw in the 4473 Federal form and firearm ownership. Legal Snares abound.

-A Pandering politician is the most dangerous type. Everything he stands for is the "vote getting" position. everything he says feels as if he got the general poll, then said "yes, that one! That's my answer".
    -He means well in tax reduction, but it is not so simple as "asking" the house to allocate funding where it "should" go, everyone sees a different "should" location. His stance on farmers... farmers are not private property, they are almost all llc / llp / business entities. Farmers, and other small business (llc, llp, etc) by omission- would be subject to the higher taxes.
    -Remove funding, Remove Gov. Positions. ALL very dangerous things. He may have no legislative backing.

I for one, say that we should hold out with Holcomb one more cycle and give Rainwater a chance to better solidify his position and views or another Rep. to step up.

Full disclosure: Your election doesn't really have consequences for me

That said, I'm starting to lean the other way on this one. I agree that it will be difficult and maybe impossible to enact any agenda because he has no team in the legislature (although there are undoubtedly people there with libertarian leanings). I wouldn't take the chance if voting for him were likely to lead to a Democratic governor; but if he can really pull this off, and both parts of the legislature remain Republican controlled, then it would be a powerful shot across the bow of business as usual/ we only care what our voters think once every four years politics. Even without a team, if he plays it right his veto power can force some deal-making. At worst, if projections that he can win outright are to be believed, he is a four year relief from Holcomb and a ticket to gridlock which often works out well as a system of governance. At best, he gets more done than just legalizing weed and makes the rest of the political class take the voters a bit more seriously for a few years

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

How is it pandering to believe in those things? I believe in those things and I am not pandering to anyone.

If he has no legislative backing, then those things will not get done. That's pretty easy. Where he intersects with Representatives and Senators things will get done. More importantly there will actually have to be some discussion about things. We won't just be beholden to whatever a few top party members want.

Screw one more cycle. He would not be able to run next time if he wins this time. I don't want four more years of his petty tyrannical nonsense.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

With respect of his position on 2A and cannabis, I don't see those as mutually exclusive; individuals have a choice whether they value their 2A rights more than their substance usage.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom