Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I disagree. I watched his facebook interview. He dodged almost every question except those that he WANTED to answer. He talked his circles just as coached.

Pretty typical. And yes his stance is selective. There is no way he can effect any change in the tax structure like he says he will. Pot and the Feds on a 4473. Not something positive.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Pretty typical. And yes his stance is selective. There is no way he can effect any change in the tax structure like he says he will. Pot and the Feds on a 4473. Not something positive.
    So you can of course cite all of the cases in the states where it has already been legalized where someone got into hot water with a 4473. That is really searching for something to complain about. You have total control over whether that would have any effect on you. Why would it scare you so much?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So you can of course cite all of the cases in the states where it has already been legalized where someone got into hot water with a 4473. That is really searching for something to complain about. You have total control over whether that would have any effect on you. Why would it scare you so much?

How did this come off that I am scared. Why would I be as I could 2 craps in truth but it is a catch 22 when folks want cake and the ability to actually eat it.
    There are many such cases. But would no way effect me. Just saying.

Scared.......:dunno:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    So, folks are going to risk losing an NRA A rated governor (based on voting record in the senate and as governor; I get it, he's not a crusader but he is a supporter) for an F rated governor because of some personal mask wearing issues. Say good bye to constitutional carry or any other gun friendly issue you want that can't be passed by overriding a veto. Say goodby to tax cuts. Say goodby to any freedom from SJW issues. The party of Death and Taxes and Gun Control will have the pulpit for the next four year.

Like doing away with Obamacare it will provide cover for milquetoast R's to pass a bill they know will not get past a veto.

If you think it will have no impact on the rest of policy you are lying to yourself.

Like I said, I'll be back here after the election to thank y'all.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So, folks are going to risk losing an NRA A rated governor (based on voting record in the senate and as governor; I get it, he's not a crusader but he is a supporter) for an F rated governor because of some personal mask wearing issues. Say good bye to constitutional carry or any other gun friendly issue you want that can't be passed by overriding a veto. Say goodby to tax cuts. Say goodby to any freedom from SJW issues. The party of Death and Taxes and Gun Control will have the pulpit for the next four year.

Like doing away with Obamacare it will provide cover for milquetoast R's to pass a bill they know will not get past a veto.

If you think it will have no impact on the rest of policy you are lying to yourself.

I think it would be better after you have to say goodbye to all the things you say goodbye to come back here and thank us. Simply losing the election will do none of those things

DNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Northern IN
    Like Thor said, we risk losing more of our rights by not voting for Holcomb. The slightest chance of getting an nra F rated democrat governor in office during these times is not something we should risk.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Oh brother I can not wait to get into that fight as I agree.
    And again, this is why we as a group will never actually win much of anything due to this mentality. It has really jumped out this round.

I hate the masks and the lies that put them on our faces. All that went with it. All of it but I am not ready to throw the baby out with the bath water because I am not happy with the water.

I have done my home work. Rainwater is trying to talk his way into the pretty girls knickers at the end of the bar. I recognize the approach and it is only that. An approach to appease a group of pissed off voters. 90% of what he spews could not be accomplished.

I am out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Like Thor said, we risk losing more of our rights by not voting for Holcomb. The slightest chance of getting an nra F rated democrat governor in office during these times is not something we should risk.

But they do not care. They are mad. Tantrums are being thrown. Minds are turning too mush and easily swayed.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So, folks are going to risk losing an NRA A rated governor (based on voting record in the senate and as governor; I get it, he's not a crusader but he is a supporter) for an F rated governor because of some personal mask wearing issues. Say good bye to constitutional carry...

Holcomb killing any legitimate shot at constitutional carry is one of the reasons I voted against him. We were forced to "say good bye" to constitutional carry, because of Holcomb.

...or any other gun friendly issue you want that can't be passed by overriding a veto. Say goodby to tax cuts...

Holcomb pushed for, and signed, a major tax increase.

Say goodby to any freedom from SJW issues...

You mean, like, gutting RFRA protections, which Holcomb also orchestrated?

The party of Death and Taxes and Gun Control will have the pulpit for the next four year.

I voted against Holcomb because he screwed us on policy. You seem to be holding to some fantasy that another four years of Holcomb will result in policy outcomes that are 180 degrees off of the policy outcomes we got under the last four years of Holcomb.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Holcomb raised taxes.
    Holcomb killed constitutional carry.
    Holcomb gutted RFRA.

What's that about losing more of our rights?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    But they do not care. They are mad. Tantrums are being thrown. Minds are turning too mush and easily swayed.

You're damn right I'm mad. I voted for a Republican governor, and got tax increases, killed effort to pass constitutional carry, gutted RFRA protections, and tyrannical executive orders.

I voted for Rainwater because my only other option was not voting for governor at all.

Roguelet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Montgomery County
    For my part, I am not mad at Holcomb, and I am not a single issue or even a 2-issue voter. Rainwater does not align with my views on everything but when I compared the three candidates, he came out head and shoulders above the rest... for ME. Therefore, I could not in good conscience cast my vote for someone who I felt was a worse choice. A vote for Holcomb is in essence approval for what he has done and an endorsement to continue doing it. I am choosing not to send that message. However, I am not here to belittle anyone else for their decision to use their vote as they see fit. The "if you don't see things as I do, you're an idiot" mentality that I see sprinkled through this thread is not my cup of tea. How each person chooses to use their vote is their right. I will use mine to support the person who aligns most closely to my personal beliefs and the direction that I feel the state needs to go in. I will not use mine on someone who I consider a lesser choice simply because I am afraid that if I do what I believe in, something bad might happen.

There seems to be an assumption that support for Rainwater is just a knee-jerk reaction to mask hate. Maybe it is for some, but I have talked to enough supporters at this point to know that's not even close to the whole story. I was not 100% on board with Rainwater until doing a lot of my own research and then hearing him speak in person. What has really impressed me is what goes on after these events. He always stays to chat one on one with anyone who wants to talk to him, for as long as they want to talk. He goes into detail about whatever they ask. He also listens to what people have to say and gives consideration to their opinions. He is passionate about the issues, and he is genuine. I have now attended several of his events, and I have learned as much from hearing these conversations as I have from hearing his speeches. He actually WANTS to talk to people about the issues. He earned my respect, and he earned my vote. That is why I will continue to encourage anyone who has doubts, questions, or concerns to just go to an event and talk to him one on one.

Do I think he will sweep into office and fix everything? No. Does HE think that? No. He has talked about this numerous times. He has, however, already spoken with several members of the cabinet who are eager to work with him. Will they ALL work with him? Probably not, at least not at first. Will he have the support to get SOME things done that will benefit Indiana? I wholeheartedly believe that he will.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    My mind is sound and certainly not easily swayed by pillow talk.
    That's what we have had for the last 50 years or more in this country and we have all fallen for it.
    Many more don't even vote at all. Thank them for having weak minds and for giving us the system we currently have. If you've passed the buck in any election in your lifetime primary or general and not voted then YOU are the problem.
    Also people who refuse to research candidates on their own and just listen to what people say on the internet. Or wait until they arrive at the polls to see which candidate has the best signs or number of volunteers and votes for that person. Most times part of the big machine.

The only chance on getting a Democrat as your next governor is voting for the one honestly running as a Democrat or voting for Eric Holcomb (a closet democrat, and I've worked with the man in the past), or not voting at all.
    A vote for Donald Rainwater will not, I repeat will not elect a Democrat.
    CM I dont tell you how to work on 1911's. Dont try to school me on politics, something I have a degree in and have worked at the top levels in. I know this game and my mind is not mush.
    We can have differences of opinions and that's fine, but I would never jeopardize my country or state just to make a point

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Parties rely on fear of the other party to get votes. NRA-ILA is built on that premise

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Parties rely on fear of the other party to get votes. NRA-ILA is built on that premise

That telling you the hard truths, and relying on you to support doing what's best, is never part of the equation should tell you something about the electorate, also

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You're damn right I'm mad. I voted for a Republican governor, and got tax increases, killed effort to pass constitutional carry, gutted RFRA protections, and tyrannical executive orders.

I voted for Rainwater because my only other option was not voting for governor at all.

Well I am as or more Pi$$ed than you and many others. Seriously. I really do not like this Rino but what with the options offered I am even more Pi$$ed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom