• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Just heard that the figures show both at the same approval at the end of year one. Pretty astounding (if true), gotta make the mainstream press feel pretty impotent in their efforts to shape public opinion

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    BUT BUT BUT RUSSIA!

Really, what's wrong with a little flexibility concerning Russia?

[video=youtube;XsFR8DbSRQE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsFR8DbSRQE[/video]

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Just heard that the figures show both at the same approval at the end of year one. Pretty astounding (if true), gotta make the mainstream press feel pretty impotent in their efforts to shape public opinion

They've been trying mega-doses of LIEagra™ but their efforts still seem pretty limp

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Imagine his approval rating if the media gave their full support like they did for Obama.

Image his approval rating if he rose above shenanigans. The media has been harsh, no doubt, but the president has given them fuel to be so. His inability to take the high road, regardless of if you like the fact that he attacks his detractors, certainly plays heavily into his approval.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Image his approval rating if he rose above shenanigans. The media has been harsh, no doubt, but the president has given them fuel to be so. His inability to take the high road, regardless of if you like the fact that he attacks his detractors, certainly plays heavily into his approval.

I disagree. I think he is a jack ass a good bit of the time, but I overall approve. If he quit being a jackass, his detractors aren't going to come around. If he cured cancer tomorrow, the media would tell us he destroyed the world due to overpopulation.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I disagree. I think he is a jack ass a good bit of the time, but I overall approve. If he quit being a jackass, his detractors aren't going to come around. If he cured cancer tomorrow, the media would tell us he destroyed the world due to overpopulation.

While that's a hyperbolic statement, we both know that if he cured cancer, he wouldn't use the cure to help people, but rather sell it to the pharmaceutical companies, so people wouldn't have access to it, and would still have to pay for meds.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    While that's a hyperbolic statement, we both know that if he cured cancer, he wouldn't use the cure to help people, but rather sell it to the pharmaceutical companies, so people wouldn't have access to it, and would still have to pay for meds.

Just like 95% of the population

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Hyperbolic statement for hyperbolic statement?

Who gets to determine who gets to profit from their discoveries/inventions and who are just greedy cads? In principle, why would a cure for cancer be required to be provided at no charge? And because a person decided to profit from their invention, that automatically means people wouldn't have access to it? That sounds like a poor way to make money off of them. ;)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

The subject is a comparison of approval ratings at 1yr for Obama and Trump

Non-hyperbolic statement: Only one of these men has given billions - in cash - to a state sponsor of terrorism and used the gov't security apparatus to try to control the outcome of an election.

And it wasn't the guy with the orange hair and the mean tweets

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Hyperbolic statement for hyperbolic statement?

Who gets to determine who gets to profit from their discoveries/inventions and who are just greedy cads? In principle, why would a cure for cancer be required to be provided at no charge? And because a person decided to profit from their invention, that automatically means people wouldn't have access to it? That sounds like a poor way to make money off of them. ;)

Unfortunately, there is the model of the HepC curative regimen to consider. Not a life threatening crisis where a point could be made that it should be provided at a reasonable price but instead slow death of the liver and the cure costs I believe about $94000 not because it has to but because they can. Something something we need huge profits to fund the next cure something

Marketed to boomers and others who can afford it, I guess the rest just have to suck it

The one fact I would find hopeful in the event of an economically rationed cancer cure is cancer is so prevalent and so life-threatening that a similar attempt at marketing would bring out the torches and the pitchforks - and I'd be right there with them

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Unfortunately, there is the model of the HepC curative regimen to consider. Not a life threatening crisis where a point could be made that it should be provided at a reasonable price but instead slow death of the liver and the cure costs I believe about $94000 not because it has to but because they can. Something something we need huge profits to fund the next cure something

Marketed to boomers and others who can afford it, I guess the rest just have to suck it

The one fact I would find hopeful in the event of an economically rationed cancer cure is cancer is so prevalent and so life-threatening that a similar attempt at marketing would bring out the torches and the pitchforks - and I'd be right there with them

I'm not defending the corporations that act in an uncompassionate manner. I'm only criticizing the premise that one should not be able to profit from their work.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I'm not defending the corporations that act in an uncompassionate manner. I'm only criticizing the premise that one should not be able to profit from their work.

When drug companies know these costs will be reimbursed by insurance, it absolutely affects their pricing behavior. It's a vicious circle that's now hard to solve, but I wonder if people really understand the extent to which this kind of behavior is "written in" to how the system works. The Bernie people are looking at it from the standpoint of egalitarianism and fairness, and because they have a problematic relationship with the earning and spending of money, they think everything critically important should be free.

Laws have always created winners and losers, and when things like Obamacare continue the tradition, it just doesn't seem to register with the Bernie people who keep supporting more and more laws. They really believe you can impose, by fiat, a system where the interests governed by it are given no say in how it's done. The interested parties are always going to be involved. That's why you need to be careful about putting anything new in place.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

Kut, you proved my initial point for me. He could quit being a jackass tomorrow, but his detractors WILL find a reason to *****.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The fake news disagree

41YtEaB2jGL.jpg

The nevertrumps are having hissy fits... :)

Top Bottom