• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Unsure of the current admins mitigation steps, but here are a few ideas if they havent already been considered, to hopefully help mitigate the risks:

1) Utilize separate hosting providers, CDN, DNS servers, & DNS registrars.
    - Obfuscate the type of content the hosting provider is hosting so that no company can easily search for a bunch of 2A terms and take down the whole thing
    - IIRC the domain registrar is simply an agent fulfilling a purchase from a DNS registry (Verisign in the case of -.COM)
    - This just means that its unlikely a domain registrar will cancel your domain subscription since its governed by the registry's ToS, not necessarily the registrar's.
    2) Have domains from multiple registries (TLD), to avoid being shutdown from one registry.
    3) Provide an Onion URL for tor access + a mirrored version of the site to provide a backup against DNS failure
    4) Private hosting - mirrored site hosted on owned bare metal + leased static IPs

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    The security provider my workplace uses (barracuda I believe) must have just updated that list.

Really it’s going to be impossible to get around those firewall lists. As long as the content is objectionable (even if perfectly legal) to TBTB it’s going to be put on the list eventually.

for a workplace, perfectly understandable. Got to keep the drones productive. A family may use services that use these lists to keep their kids in line online (which the kids probably already know how to get around)

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    No such luck. Already categorized As “Weapons”.
    This happened to me briefly after a buyout a couple of years ago... then it reverted shorty thereafter — I can haz INGO at work again.

I'm guessing someone complained before I could get to it.
    It's a good thing I never look at INGO from my work computer :rofl: ... okay, I just never log in

Top Bottom