Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    ""I don't think a man who exited his vehicle after the 911 dispatcher told him to stay inside the car can claim self-defense," Carl McPhail, a 28-year-old Barry University law school student, said at a rally in Sanford."

Sure.... Just what we need, another lawyer who wants us to cower. Devil's advocate: stay in your car if a woman is being raped and the dispatcher told you to

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    ""I don't think a man who exited his vehicle after the 911 dispatcher told him to stay inside the car can claim self-defense," Carl McPhail, a 28-year-old Barry University law school student, said at a rally in Sanford."

Sure.... Just what we need, another lawyer who wants us to cower. Devil's advocate: stay in your car if a woman is being raped and the dispatcher told you to

I don't think that is what he was saying. In absense of a crime/victim, it's probably best to leave well enough alone.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Sheriff/Chief of Police needs to tell them to back off.

OK, and then what action would you suggest be taken by the sheriff? How long would you consider too long to allow local authorities to take some kind of action?

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Sheriff/Chief of Police needs to tell them to back off.

The Sheriff needs to go arrest George Zimmerman for manslaughter, and the investigating team needs a reprimand for doing such shoddy work. A no witness shooting resulting in death...the shooter keeps his gun, no breathalyzer, no blood test, no vehicle search...Zimmerman was not a LEO.

Cops did a bad job.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The Sheriff needs to go arrest George Zimmerman for manslaughter, and the investigating team needs a reprimand for doing such shoddy work. A no witness shooting resulting in death...the shooter keeps his gun, no breathalyzer, no blood test, no vehicle search...Zimmerman was not a LEO.

Cops did a bad job.

I am inclined to agree. Because Zimmerman indicated that the kid was "messed up" indicating that he was under the influence of drugs or something, the PD sent narcotics investigators rather than homicide? That's two entirely different schools of thought.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana

if a person is being assulted in front of you that is clear evidence of a crime happening..

In this case Zimmerman had no evidence to point to a crime and he was told by police to leave the kid alone..
    "stand your ground" laws do not allow you to go start a fight..
    if the kid was on Zimmerman's property.. or actually assulting a 3rd person.. I would feel differently ..

Zimmerman had already reported "something wrong" and he could have taken another path to get where ever he was going.. but he choose to stalk someone.. and possible push that person to act in self defense..

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I know if I was walking along the sidewalk at night, going home from the store. If some guy came tearing up to me and points a weapon at me, you can be sure that I'll try to E&E, and return fire as soon as possible.

The fact that this guy was out "on patrol" as a neighborhood watch, which by itself isn't a bad thing (although, kinda tacticool in my book), he ISN'T a LEO. Following the guy, getting out and confronting him while no crime had been actually committed or observed by anyone is beyond the pale.

And then he claims it's self defense and cites Stand Your Ground law. It's not standing your ground when you go out looking for a fight and pick one.

It's crap like this that gives the left the ammo they need. And it doesn't matter if for everyone 1 bad case there are a thousand or more good cases, the drama llama still gets to spit at us.

Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR
    Zimmerman was looking for a fight. Only he knows how the kid reacted but I don't think the boy could have done anything to warrant shooting him as he was unarmed. Murder would be unprovable without intent or a witness; reckless homicide wouls be more likely.

Top Bottom