• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is a scenario I can see happening. My thought on it though is what record of success can Newsome run on? Pretty much a flop as far as I can see. But I guess this country did vote for a senile man in the first place.
    You forget that probably 50% of democrats actually think California is a rip-roaring success, given its intrusive and overbearing regulatory 'climate'

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Lawyers got the job done with the junior Soprano defense. At the end of the day he will walk away from any crimes along with hunter on a carpet of taxpayer money.

There are legions of $1k per hour lawyers negotiating between the man behind the curtain and possible successors, but I can see the same machine that dragged Joe across the finish line doing it again with the same methods.

Elections will soon be as significant to real power in government as sporting events, entertainment for the masses.
    You should ease up on the black pills! :stickpoke:

One dose is usually considered sufficient

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I can't.... like..... what? Did the onion write his script?

You forget that probably 50% of democrats actually think California is a rip-roaring success, given its intrusive and overbearing regulatory 'climate'
    I guess I have a different idea of success than they do. I like freedom, getting hard to find that anymore.

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    There is no way Biden will be the Dem. candidate in 2024.

The problem his handlers face is that they need to keep him propped up until the convention. Then they will have him drop out, there will be a brokered convention and a new puppet will appear on stage.

If they let him step down too early, then Kamala becomes President and the expectation will be that she will be the heir apparent to the nomination (how can you deny the first Black female President the nomination?) - and while she would be a useful puppet, she is just as big a disaster in public as Biden.

The question confronting the people behind the curtain is, "which shill can we put up that can act Presidential, but be completely under our control?"

Reminds me of the character Robert Redford played in "The Candidate." At the end of the movie, after he has been elected to the Senate, he turns to his campaign manager and asks, "What do I do now?" <sigh>

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Michelle Obama?

I don't think democrats will run a black presidential candidate again for a long time. If you think that's racist to say, then you should ask the democrats why they're that way.

Naw, what they're going to be shopping for is a slick and charismatic white guy, likely on the younger side. They're playing with a bad hand, they have to bring something to the table more appealing than your typical diversity hire.

This is where someone like Newsom comes in. If they weren't all sadistic neo-liberals, they'd be begging for RFKjr to run for them.

If we want to be strategic about this, we should do everything possible to force them to run Biden again.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    And remember, this is the Party that talks so much about how they are 'saving' the democracy.
    Well, just like many other words that they have changed the meaning of, saving democracy really means “permanently solidifying our position of power”. I usually take what they say and interpret it to mean the exact opposite.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    . . .

And by the way, intent has nothing to do with classified information violations.
    Having had custody of a ton of extremely classified materials over a two decade career, I can assure you that Kelly is spot on. Intent has nothing to do with criminally prosecutable violations of classified document storage and handling procedures. In legal jargon, showing mens rea (literal translation: guilty mind) isn't required to be charged and convicted. Only actus reus (literal translation: guilty actions). The only questions are whether there were violations, and was the charged individual responsible for having done them, or having failed to prevent them.

Top Bottom