• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scububbs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I've carried one for years, I think it's about a 30 function Swiss Army folder. Mostly I use the bottle and can openers, the scissors, and magnifying glass. I knew a number of Navy Seals years ago that habitually carried their issued 64 function Swiss Army knives. It's one of those things that you may never need, but when you do it is so nice to have it on your belt.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Every severed tendon that I have is due to one of those non-locking knives... :xmad:

scububbs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Every severed tendon that I have is due to one of those non-locking knives... :xmad:
    That is a good point, but the knife blade is actually about the last thing I would use a multi function for, other than to butter a piece of toast or something similiar.

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    I have carried one every day for years, even went so far as to buy a cheap knockoff last year when I went to Wyoming for an Appleseed Boot camp (Thanks TSA).

One pretty much got me a great job. During an interview the VPs secretary came in and started going through his desk. VP inquired as to what she was doing...turns out the company president was on his way down for a little wine and cheese soiree that afternoon and they couldn't fine the corkscrew. I pulled out the swiss army knife, opened the cork screw and handed it across to her.

She was back in a minute, handed me the knife and told her boss to 'hire him'. Got an offer that afternoon.

Hawkhavn

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Well, that particular one is an April Fools joke by ThinkGeek, but to answer your question, I carry a multitool every day.

Wenger actually did manufacture that, mate. After much begging, our rep brought one in for me to play with. Definitely a conversation starter!

Link Here.

I carry a Leatherman Skeletool-CX a fair amount and always when I backpack, it's light weight, has everything I need, and most important, it's light weight.

skeletool_cx_detail.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I always have Leatherman Supertool and a couple of Victorinox Explorers (one is an Explorer Plus) on my person when I am out and about. In the house, I have an old Deluxe Tinker right now, because I keep losing my Super Tinkers.

I use Swiss Army knives all the time. The only thing I've never used was a fish scaler.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I carry a BSA Swiss Army knife and now a nice little Gerber Evo Jr. My BSA knife is missing the tweezers and toothpick, but I use it on a constant basis. Has saved my life twice. :D

BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle
    I had my dad's swiss multi-tool for a while until he found it and took it back. For christmas he bought me my own. As far as carrying it goes... its works in my tacklebox.

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    1 Leatherman,1 Leatherman Supertool, and a Lockblade. Always on my person no matter where I am.
    All in a Nite Eyes pouch along with my L.E.D. Mini-Mag.

Last edited:

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Well, that particular one is an April Fools joke by ThinkGeek, but to answer your question, I carry a multitool every day. It's a Gerber autoplier similar to this:

GerberGear > Product Details > Multi-Plier® 600

They actually don't make mine anymore, so I don't have a link. I could not possibly get through my work day without it or something like it.

I thought so too, but after a bit of research....

Wenger (Victorinox) Swiss Army Giant Knife 16999 - Blade HQ
    SWISS ARMY 16999 GIANT ARMY KNIFE 85 TOOLS GUINNESS REC - eBay (item 350077671086 end time Mar-05-09 11:39:28 PST)
    Swiss Army Knives: Wenger The Giant Knife [Model W16999]

I kinda think this was actually crafted and sold. I'm sure very few ever made it out as it was more a joke than a collectors items. I could be wrong, but seeing it for sale on multiple sites made me think it might be real.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Well, that particular one is an April Fools joke by ThinkGeek, but to answer your question, I carry a multitool every day. It's a Gerber autoplier similar to this:

GerberGear > Product Details > Multi-Plier® 600

They actually don't make mine anymore, so I don't have a link. I could not possibly get through my work day without it or something like it.

Same here, I use one very similiar to the one Scutter posted. Mine has more of a needle nose pliers end, everything else is the same.

Had to start keeping my personal blackberry in my pocket instead of the belt clip. Having My blackberry plus my work blackberry then the Gerber multi tool...mt belt started looking the friggen utility belt from BatMan. :D

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    I have a swiss army knife at home I received years ago as a gift. It is still in the box and in near ming condition. I really never became interested in carrying it so it sits in my collection. On the other hand, my old Leatherman Supertool 200 is in my backpack right now. When I received that from my dad several years ago I didn't think I would carry it much, but when I started working at a farm store it became an invaluable asset on my belt and I quickly learned to appreciate it. It has come in hand here at school many times and it doesn't scare the sheeple like my kershaw blur (new edc) does or my old CRKT m1614sf (old edc) did.
    After reading this thread I may have to give the Skeletool CX a spin.

Top Bottom