• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    I have never been asked that question at the Doctor's office. Even my kids Doctor. My thinking is, just say no and that is that. I don't like the question, but if you have to answer it and say no how will they know you aren't telling the truth? I don't even tell my babysitter there are guns in the house. My one pistol that stays at home is in a safe that can't be seen unless you LOOK for it. And my long guns are hidden behind lock and key as well. -Jason

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Got no problem with my Doctor! Copies of NRA magazines in the lobby along with Field & Stream. No issues here!

Move along, nothing to see here...

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    This is not standard and there is no question on the patient sheet asking this question.

Don't know what hospitals or Dr. office is doing this now but not standard in the medical field. I don't know why but most in the medical field are pretty 2A and laid back in Indiana.

dusterboy49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Fremont
    So far I have not been asked nor had it appear on any form at my doctors office.
    If it would happen, I would just inform him its none of their business.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    I go to the VA for all my health needs and have yet to be asked any questions about guns or their ownership. Granted I can not carry anywhere even in my vehicle locked up on campus.

However I do discus guns and shooting with my eye Dr. at the VA, he happens to be an avid bench rest shooter, long distance. I've also discussed shooting and the shooting sports with my other Dr.s when the subject happens to come up, all have been a positive discussion, you might be supprised as to how many actually are involved in the shooting sports.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    I go to a Eye Dr. on the Southside of Indy, we talk guns all the time. The whole family goes to see him once a year all at the same time and I sit in the office for all four exams so we can talk guns, planes, ATV's, and politics. I have been going to him for 20 years now and his office is where I met my wife. He has actually defended his property with a gun.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I've been lucky in this department too - my doctor just signed his wife up for my "Ladies Only" NRA Basic Pistol Course! And my dentist and I trade services - dental care for firearms training!

Guy

Top Bottom