• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    I was at the doctor a few months ago. One of the forms I didn't fill out asked if I wear seat belts, if I have a working smoke detector, if I own a firearm, and also wanted to know my religion. I can't remember if there was a motorcycle/helmet question or not. Like I said, I didn't answer any of them.
    I guess i am glad i like my doctor, I have never been asked any of these BS questions, straight to the point.. Get in Get examined, discuss any changes, or concerns, Get the hell out..

Chris387

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Just south of Indy
    Once I got into the exam room, the doctor tried again to get me to answer those questions. I just politely declined. He said the reason for asking about patient's religions is not meant to be intrusive, but because some religions are opposed to certain medical procedures. I'm not sure I believe that. If I was of a religion that opposed a certain medical procedure, wouldn't I know it? I wouldn't need the doctor to inform me. I think that's just an excuse to get it into the computer. He had a computer in the room and was filing away all the questions he asked me.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Once I got into the exam room, the doctor tried again to get me to answer those questions. I just politely declined. He said the reason for asking about patient's religions is not meant to be intrusive, but because some religions are opposed to certain medical procedures. I'm not sure I believe that. If I was of a religion that opposed a certain medical procedure, wouldn't I know it? I wouldn't need the doctor to inform me. I think that's just an excuse to get it into the computer. He had a computer in the room and was filing away all the questions he asked me.

Good observation regarding the computer. The next step is when the feds decide to avail themselves of this information--oh, wait--what was I thinking--access to any and all records is already in ObamaCare.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I wouldn't mind telling my doctor if he was curious, but I don't want that kind of information (either do or don't) in my files because he's not the only one who has access to the files.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Honestly most doctors don't care and there's a good chance they didn't decide what questions are being asked of their patients. I work for a private group who staffs a hospital ER. Our patients are asked numerous "safety" type questions but I don't think a gun in the house applies. I'll ask about gun access (I don't care about ownership since they can say no and know where their dad's gun is) if it's a suicidal ideation patient.

The ObamaCare and required digital medical records is a valid concern. BUT, if you lie and you are on some sort of government assistance (Medicaid, Medicare, etc...) I wonder if they can use that to invalidate your eligibility? No idea, but I could see it being tried to coerce compliance.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Good observation regarding the computer. The next step is when the feds decide to avail themselves of this information--oh, wait--what was I thinking--access to any and all records is already in ObamaCare.

While the permanent nature of the documentation as well as the ability for prying eyes to find it is a legitimate cause for concern, the computer in the room itself may or may not be. Hendricks Regional health network is entirely networked on computer. There isn't a piece of charting paper in the who complex. Convenient when your 2y/o is sent to the hospital from the pedi for dehydration, extreme fever, and mysterious rash. They just pulled up his patient info and we were good to go.

My kids' pedi asks it. It doesn't bother me. I say "yes" and move one. Of course, she's also libertarian-minded.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    While the permanent nature of the documentation as well as the ability for prying eyes to find it is a legitimate cause for concern, the computer in the room itself may or may not be. Hendricks Regional health network is entirely networked on computer. There isn't a piece of charting paper in the who complex. Convenient when your 2y/o is sent to the hospital from the pedi for dehydration, extreme fever, and mysterious rash. They just pulled up his patient info and we were good to go.

My kids' pedi asks it. It doesn't bother me. I say "yes" and move one. Of course, she's also libertarian-minded.

What would be really cool is to get your kid chipped so all of that information is stored right there on a computer chip implanted into your kid. Then, it wouldn't matter what health care facility you went to.... the info would be right there!

Not only would your kid be safer, but imagine the cost savings afforded by the elimination of redundant record keeping.

Maybe mandating such a program would help offset some of the cost of obamacare.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    What would be really cool is to get your kid chipped so all of that information is stored right there on a computer chip implanted into your kid. Then, it wouldn't matter what health care facility you went to.... the info would be right there!

Not only would your kid be safer, but imagine the cost savings afforded by the elimination of redundant record keeping.

Maybe mandating such a program would help offset some of the cost of obamacare.

It would seem you see something wrong with one organization having their information centrally located.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    It would seem you see something wrong with one organization having their information centrally located.

What better place to centralize information than a chip in your kid?

Talk about convenience!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

My objection to that would be the threat of retroactive rule changes in which case that information may become amalgamated into the fed's computer.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Yep, that would be very convenient. I may just go get my own chip. Maybe they could chip my guns for me also.:D

Absolutely!

That way, if you ever lost one, it could be returned to you!

Maybe the chip in your gun could be synchronized with the chip in your body. Then you wouldn't have the inconvenience of trying to remember details on your firearms such as part number, round capacity, or even serial numbers. It would all be centralized right there in your chip!

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    My objection to that would be the threat of retroactive rule changes in which case that information may become amalgamated into the fed's computer.

Oh... come on.

This stuff is here to help us!

074.jpg

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011

Talk about convenience!

Put a GPS tracker in there as well! That way we or those good souls of the gubm't, can find our poor children if they ever become "lost."

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

Uhm.... Huh.

The pediatrics office is owned by the hospital. They chart in the patient record and it is available when someone else opens that record inside the hospital system. Not really sure what issues could come up with a company you choose to go to for medical care having access to your medical record.

Did you have a faraday cage installed at your house?

Top Bottom