Do you support the legalization of marijuana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you support the legalization of marijuana?

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Okay INGO. Time for a poll.

Do you support the legalization of marijuana?
    icon5.gif

I have no dog in this fight. I can't see myself using marijuana even if it were legal. But I think its a waste of time/money chasing people down over it.

Its a victimless crime that I'd rather not pay for. The arrests, jail time, court time... it adds up.

I say less laws, more freedom. :yesway:
    Poll is private.

:popcorn:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I absolutely do, and would not limit it to marijuana. I would legalize all drugs... not to tax them or find other ways to grow government with them, but because it is none of my business what someone else puts in their body. It only becomes my business if they aggress against others.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I absolutely do, and would not limit it to marijuana. I would legalize all drugs... not to tax them or find other ways to grow government with them, but because it is none of my business what someone else puts in their body. It only becomes my business if they aggress against others.

The longer I discuss politics, the more I think that is right on. Weird how your perspective changes over time.

I'd love to see the ATF and the DEA get abolished.

But I figured I'd see how this poll goes with the marijuana only, for now.

Someone is bound to bring up the danger of a meth house blowing up their neighborhood. I'm not sure what my response is to that, other than... isn't blowing up your neighborhood already illegal?
    :):

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Change the age of majority for everything to 18. Treat it like tobacco/alcohol after that. Personal use would be non-regulated.

I'd do this for all drugs.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    There'd be no meth houses, rambone. Lilly and other companies could produce pharmaceutically pure amphetamines (again) for pennies a dose. Virtually all the bad side effects would disappear, too. Home meth makers couldn't compete. Same with crack dealers. All the black marketeers would disappear overnight due to inability to compete.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    There's be no meth houses, rambone. Lilly and other companies could produce pharmaceutically pure amphetamines (again) for pennies a dose. Virtually all the bad side effects would disappear, too. Home meth makers couldn't compete. Same with crack dealers. All the black marketeers would disappear overnight due to inability to compete.

This. Notice how there's no market for bathtub gin that makes you go blind, now that you can go to the store and buy a perfectly serviceable (and relatively safe) bottle of Bombay Sapphire?

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    +1
    zactly

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This. Notice how there's no market for bathtub gin that makes you go blind, now that you can go to the store and buy a perfectly serviceable (and relatively safe) bottle of Bombay Sapphire?
    Actually, there is quite the market for moonshine in some locales. That's mostly due to its niche market factor and government over taxation. All the more reason to not allow government regulation. Especially with pot. How are they gonna stop people from growing something legal in their homes and back yards? That would be a serious blow to property rights. Best to keep government (at all levels) out of the issue.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Actually, there is quite the market for moonshine in some locales.

Yeah, but now you've changed the terms of the discussion. "Moonshine" is not "bathtub gin that makes you go blind". I'd be willing to bet that moonshine marketed today is generally safer than stuff mixed with wood alcohol or turpentine. That's what I'm comparing to the stuff made in meth labs, not the more pedestrian "growed my own".

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    FIRST AND FOREMOST>>>I DO NOT USE NOR DO I WISH TO USE ANY DRUGS BUT
    I voted to legalize it and tax it. Sell it at krogers for all I care. I just want the govt. to stop wasting money trying to controll its use. They tried with booze, and we all know how well that worked. The GOVT. has been fighting a loosing battle over drugs. They have and will always be under funded, under staffed, and two steps behind. (this was not meant to bash any LEO agency)

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I would hope to see it legalized, but there are companies stand to lose money if it were.
    Big pharm, obviously might have to hire more lobbiests to discourage legalization, but it would be cheaper than watching their other old drugs tank and trying to tool up to sell their own brand.
    When and if it becomes legal to grow again, hemp will agitate some existing markets too.
    So I don't see anything like a full legalization happening because the government will insist on having control over something that is uncontrolable.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i defintally think it should be legal and i also agree that the legal age should be 18 on everything.

to me it makes no scence that at 18 you are old enough to serve and die for your country but you cant drink a beer there.

how ever if they do legalize pot im sure i wont start smoking pot but i think it should be my decision.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    IMHO it a waste of our nations resources to fight a war that we will NEVER win. I think that goes for more thing than drugs but thats a entirely different subject !:patriot:

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    We either need to stop pulling punches fighting this war, or we need to let Darwinism take its course.

I don't believe the former will happen, but the latter will inevitably happen eventually, and voted accordingly.

I do not endorse drug use and do not use any myself. Nor do I knowingly associate with those who do use any illegal drug.

Josh <><

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom