Do you own a firearm chambered in .22LR?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you own a firearm chambered in 22LR?

• Yes

Votes: 310 91.2%
    • No

Votes: 4 1.2%
    • Bacon - because it’s delicious

Votes: 26 7.6%

• Total voters

SpartanYeti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2022
    Osceola, IN 46561, USA
    Simple enough question. I have made the comment that “everyone who owns guns has a .22”. While that may have been somewhat true in the past, I can’t say that is the case anymore. There are a lot of new gun owners out there with the small/medium sized handguns being popular for new buyers. Since I have to assume INGO is semi representative or at least made up of gun owners……..

(All valid polls include bacon. But I assume Bacon lovers also like their rimfire. Not liking bacon is weird. Not owning a .22 is weird.)
    Simple enough question. I have made the comment that “everyone who owns guns has a .22”. While that may have been somewhat true in the past, I can’t say that is the case anymore. There are a lot of new gun owners out there with the small/medium sized handguns being popular for new buyers. Since I have to assume INGO is semi representative or at least made up of gun owners……..

(All valid polls include bacon. But I assume Bacon lovers also like their rimfire. Not liking bacon is weird. Not owning a .22 is weird.)
    .22 LR was not the first gun I purchased but it is definitely in my collection now. Normally a budget way to train and stay proficient.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    "do you own a .22lr"???

"....many..."
    Had to get one out, so might as well photo op the whole fam-damily.

L - R: 10/22 Carbine, Win 94/22, Henry Classic, Stevens "crackshot" (maybe my favorite), Daughter's Crickett, my (first) Chipmunk.
    7fcdc193dfca8f09865538efcc65c574.jpg

wfbbarb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2022
    Fort Wayne
    Rossi Rs 22
    Pucked up for $104.99 at RK
    Added $29 Barska Amazon scope
    800 rounds later runs flawlessly
    Have a 25 yard indoor range in Ft Wayne
    After trying six different ammos it likes mini mags 3/8" at 25 yards

Attachments

• 20220104_112609.jpg
      20220104_112609.jpg
      351.2 KB · Views: 5

jkholmes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Mooreland
    I've got 2 different .22lr's at the house. A Ruger 10/22 that I'm kinda slowly upgrading and a Henry AR7 that I bought a while back.

Both have their own purposes and lately the 10/22 gets alot of use dispatching pests and helping train the dog for gunfire :)

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    I'm underprivileged (and cheap), I only have one pistol (my Mauser S42 doesn't count); a 9mm/.22LR CZ 75 Compact (with the Kadet II 22LR conversion kit). Love it ... them.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    "do you think this is a silly question" should have been a possibility as well as bacon. I promise you there is a substantial number of people that don't. LOTS of new terrified gun owners that only own one center fire pistol and have no idea how to use it.
    Own more .22's than anything else at this point, I noticed when we moved! And now I got into benchrest shooting with sgreen3 and all hope is lost lol

Rong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    NE Indiana
    The first gun I ever shot, Stevens Favorite 22lr. First gun I ever talked my dad into- Ruger single six. Second gun -Ruger 10/22. Last gun I bought myself for Christmas 2021-S&W model 17. Don't currently own a Stevens but plenty in between my first and last lol.

marksman1023

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2019
    Columbus
    Yep. Bought a Ruger Mark IV to replace my Mark III, which as pretty much is my custom was sold to a friend for a song. I also built one of the CMMG dedicated .22LR uppers, and I can't recommend them enough...wonderful little plinker and outside of the barrel and BCG you can use any standard AR accessories (furniture, muzzle device, trigger, etc) to either customize it or make it just like your centerfire AR for training purposes. There's also a tube-fed Marlin rattling around the safe somewhere that I never shoot, and I'll eventually be getting a 10/22 as well as single and double action revolvers in rimfire, just for funsies.

Top Bottom