• ...and so much more!
  • Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    When "the" is stuck on the name of a business, and/or an "s" is added or deleted. I.e. The Walmart, Kings Islands, The Pizza Kings, Meijers, Papa John, etc.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I truly like “artisan” in fact I think most people from INGO are artisans in their own way it helps if you attempt to “reach out to them” on the interwebs and many can be found in the Wal MartS!

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Along that line we have a local schemer who gives briefings and says 'let's talk about opportunities' when he is just talking about legal ways to raise everyone's taxes.

Over used word 'paradigm' annoys; as does the phrase 'moving forward'. Both are used to make a person sound more intelligent than they tend to be but the last is also used to make it sound like they have a plan when they most likely do not. Pretentious babble.

Also, 'Certificate of Authenticity'...yeah, right...not worth the paper it was printed on.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Let's see, I hate when people say instead of going to the "movies" they say "the show." It's not 1930.

Chr15topher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    New Albany
    I can’t stand when someone says “G** damn”.

edit: My wife says “bulth” instead of “both”... that’s pretty high on the list as well, but not as bad as g.d.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    “Let me play Devil’s advocate”
    I had a supervisor who would say that and then come up with off the wall scenarios to make a point. I started to respond with, “I don’t play “What If” Games”

Another guy would always start a question with “Can’t you just...”
    Ever since then I have realized that every time I heard that the person had no idea what they were talking about.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    When "the" is stuck on the name of a business, and/or an "s" is added or deleted. I.e. The Walmart, Kings Islands, The Pizza Kings, Meijers, Papa John, etc.

Maybe the same should apply to “THE wife” or “THE boy (or girl)”. The proper comment should be “MY wife or MY son (or daughter).” Unless it’s thought to be correct to refer to a relative in the third person. It implies the relative is chattel owned by the person making the comment.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Let's see, I hate when people say instead of going to the "movies" they say "the show." It's not 1930.

At the one-screen theatre in my folks town down south, it's definitely THE SHOW, as opposed to movie(s) plural. And about misuse of words down south, My dear uncle used to make "Mint Juleps" with just one ingredient, plus ice. Even Wild Turkey, over ice, became a mint julep. 'course he died of liver failure, but :dunno:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

It is perfectly acceptable in southern California to speak of a freeway in that manner, as in "The PCH kept showing me The 5, but there were no on ramps"

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    tumblr_lvflivni4w1qktgrzo1_400.jpg

When somebody tells me "I could care less", I often say "Then maybe you should. It won't bother you so much!" LOL :-)

Top Bottom