Do you ever get woken up in the middle of the night with random thoughts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    This happens to me occasionally. I'll be dead to the world and then *pop* I'm awake with no obvious disturbance and random thoughts.

I made this thread because this one involved INGO and it's funny. A lightbulb went off in my head and I realized why the rank of "shooter" for banned members is hilarious. Yeah, I'm slow. :):

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    My theory is that the thought comes in the middle of a dream, and for whatever reason, your brain thinks it's important enough to transfer it into your conscious memory, so it wakes you up.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am a planner. If I have a project I run it through the brain box until I have it laid out. If I have several it tends to load up and it is hard to shut the box off. I will wake up in the night and the planning will continue.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Most of my best ideas come on the toilet.

tommy.gif

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Most of my best ideas come on the toilet.

You're right.

My Chi flows better when I'm on the toilet.

When I wake with annoying thoughts, I write them down on pads that I keep by the bed. (if the cats and kids haven't taken all the pens)
    This way they're out and gone and no need to dwell any longer. Without that, I'd never get back to sleep.
    Unless it's a doozy, then I stay up and finish the notes.

I now have a drawer of random words and illegible scribbles that I have no clue to what I was thinking. :n00b:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You're right.

My Chi flows better when I'm on the toilet.

When I wake with annoying thoughts, I write them down on pads that I keep by the bed. (if the cats and kids haven't taken all the pens)
    This way they're out and gone and no need to dwell any longer. Without that, I'd never get back to sleep.
    Unless it's a doozy, then I stay up and finish the notes.

I now have a drawer of random words and illegible scribbles that I have no clue to what I was thinking. :n00b:

Read them on the toilet....they will make sense then. Or so I am told......:)

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I wake up quite often by hearing a sound that isn't there. Usually sounds like my phones text message alert. I will hear it plain as day wake right up but there will be nothing on the phone.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Yeah, and I also keep a notepad next to the bed to write the thoughts down. Not only does it clear my head of them, but on occasion the thought leads to something of worth the next day.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I don't know what's wrong. I'm 593 months old an haven't started sleeping through the night yet. Not colicky or anything, just restless. Brain won't shut up, always yammering about something. Sometimes I'll be in a stupid annoying dream, wake myself on purpose to get out of it, then when I go back to sleep I'm right back in it. Several times of that, I'll just wake all the way up and do something to clear it. Once (while I was awake) my subconscious told me a joke. It was dumb and I didn't laugh, and told it so. It won't talk to me any more; I think it's decided I'm an enemy and plans to do me dirt.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't know what's wrong. I'm 593 months old an haven't started sleeping through the night yet. Not colicky or anything, just restless. Brain won't shut up, always yammering about something. Sometimes I'll be in a stupid annoying dream, wake myself on purpose to get out of it, then when I go back to sleep I'm right back in it. Several times of that, I'll just wake all the way up and do something to clear it. Once (while I was awake) my subconscious told me a joke. It was dumb and I didn't laugh, and told it so. It won't talk to me any more; I think it's decided I'm an enemy and plans to do me dirt.

OK...........(should we watch this fella....closely)

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    Naw its perfectly normal - whats that ,yayaya i told them what you said ,, what ? gezzz did i just not tell you that i said that ,, SHUTTTTTTT UP --no i dont think your funny ,, excuse me i'll brb *** look im trying to talk to some people on a forum and you keep ranting in my head -- just shut up for a min ,,no you shut up --make me

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Yes, this happens to me sometimes. But, I just get up and go use the bathroom and then I'm all right when I go lay back down to sleep.

Well, until the next time, that is...

Top Bottom