• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you carry your handgun with a round in the chamber?

• Total voters

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Gross motor skills can get you killed if you depend on them in the case of a panic situation. You need fine motor skilles in critical situations. I also carry a Glock because I believe in there system too.

Someone brought up the OODA LOOP. Look it up, study it, and use it. You can use the philosphy in this reasoning for you business pursuits as well as your daily life with getting along with people. It started in the Military. I don't know if it is being taught in College these days, but it should be.

My Grandfather, a WWI veteran and my Father, a WWII veteran told me NEVER HESITATE. Hesitation can get you killed. Those words of wisdom and experience served them well and me as well.

Last edited:

foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    without calling anyone stupid, especially someone well versed and knowledged of oc and cc I would like to say one thing, if it is that important whether or not you ride hot or not get a good quality firearm not a cheap ass piece of metal to worry about. personally I like and prefer the glocks or springfields for the safeties and dont worry about it period!!

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    without calling anyone stupid, especially someone well versed and knowledged of oc and cc I would like to say one thing, if it is that important whether or not you ride hot or not get a good quality firearm not a cheap ass piece of metal to worry about. personally I like and prefer the glocks or springfields for the safeties and dont worry about it period!!

Ditto my friend. All should look up the Marine's Rifle Creed. Yes it applies to rifles but you can apply it also to handguns. Yes, there are many like it but this one is mine.....

Serious, Yes. It can save your life.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    For those who don't want to look it up. Here it is:

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I WILL...

My rifle and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT...

My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage. I will keep my rifle clean and ready. We will become part of each other. WE WILL...

Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY LIFE.

So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!

SKRSR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    I cant imagine NOT......"oh wait Mr. Bad Guy! I have to chamber a round before I protect myself and my family?"

Just IMO......but someone REALLY carries one NOT ready to use IF NEEDED?

gassssssssssssssp

My luck he'd take it away from me and THEN a round would get chambered. LOL

Steve

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    For those who don't want to look it up. Here it is:

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I WILL...

My rifle and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT...

My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage. I will keep my rifle clean and ready. We will become part of each other. WE WILL...

Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY LIFE.

So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!

OHH RAH!!

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Always one in the pipe figure if I need to draw it the chances of ALWAYS having a free hand to rack the slide are slim, the chances of having the time to rack the slid will be slim and I carry glocks or sigs so I train with the point and click style of shooting

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    not carrying chambered is to me, like in a movie where a criminal has a 1911 and the hammer isn't cocked, ( I know it could be a double eagle, or a para LDA) too easy to take from someone,

If you look like prey, you will be eaten,

Top Bottom