Do you carry with a full mag? Why or why not?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Could be they're told "no one needs X amount of ammo."
    Could be they think the spring in the magazine will be affected. On the sub, we only had 5 rounds in each mag (1911) to "protect the spring".
    Mostly the problem was, our mags were decades old, wore out, and sub supply guys don't like to "waste" $$$ on small arms.

Maybe they recently shot some folks and just haven't had time to reload :dunno:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I one got a lot of grief for carrying my flashlight everyday at [strike]school[/strike] work. Till the power went out a couple of times and then it was very handy.

Been there, done that. Also amazed at how many people think it's weird I always have a Leatherman in my pocket... until they start asking if anyone has a screwdriver :rolleyes:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Been there, done that. Also amazed at how many people think it's weird I always have a Leatherman in my pocket... until they start asking if anyone has a screwdriver :rolleyes:

Unless I am dressing for an occasion there is a Gerber, a good flashlight and a ZT350 on my belt. I use all of them multiple times daily.
    I just started IWB carry because of the lack of room to carry with a normal holster.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Unless I am dressing for an occasion there is a Gerber, a good flashlight and a ZT350 on my belt. I use all of them multiple times daily.
    I just started IWB carry because of the lack of room to carry with a normal holster.

Pretty much the same but I always have A Cross pen on me as well. Surefire ED2 Defender. Cold Steel Voyager. Curious, is your ZT350 a partial serrated edge?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I one got a lot of grief for carrying my flashlight everyday at school. Till the power went out a couple of times and then it was very handy.

Amen, brother. People stop the accusatory "why do you need that?" routine when it benefits them. In a better world, they would already be aware of the utility of a good EDC setup and would be prepared of their own accord. In a better world.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Pretty much the same but I always have A Cross pen on me as well. Surefire ED2 Defender. Cold Steel Voyager. Curious, is your ZT350 a partial serrated edge?

Amen on the pen. Another underappreciated tool. I have my cross or a fountain pen when dressing up. G2, and a sharpie for work

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    For those who argue that revolvers are a bad choice because 5-6 rounds are not enough, that argument has been blown, I guess. Like most, I don't see the logic of not carrying your weapon at capacity, whatever it is.

USA#1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    In the forest
    [ Quote Originally Posted by CampingJosh View Post
    I just checked, and I am down one in the magazine at the moment (9+1 instead of the full magazine of 10 plus 1 chambered).

I take my dogs on an off-leash walk basically every day on a decent-sized country property. One of them doesn't always come when called when he is on the scent of something; it's like tunnel vision for all of his senses. (It's not that he's ignoring; it's that he has blocked out everything else. A couple times I've caught up to him, and he's totally startled to be touched.)

A gunshot gets him to quit tracking and to listen to me again. Sometimes it's months between when this happens, but it seems to come in spurts. And I don't always remember to reload right away. Once I had the magazine as low as 7 when I remembered to reload it--which would be forgetting twice consecutively--but I don't think I've ever gone past that.

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure the last time was on Friday.
    And that's how they found the bunker./QUOTE]

I see what you did there. I remember reading that story in the news the other day. Well played sir. Lol

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have the poor man's alternative: the stainless steel Zebra F-301.

By no means is it an alternative, my late wife bought me one in the early 90's because I signed hundreds of invoices a day
    for my job, I still have it, and use it. I'll never be without one.

khayden65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    United States
    Full mag with one in the chamber always, some times extra mag if a low round count mag, like 6 or 7! If carrying a revolver some times carry extra rounds to fill cylinder a 2nd time.
    Never know how much time you are going to have, try to prepare for nearly every scenario!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soupergenius

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I have occasion, fairly regularly, to contact lawful carriers and lawfully secure their firearms. I'd say more often than not the magazines are not loaded to capacity, and I'm not talking about downloaded by one, I'm talking about loaded to half or less of capacity. I find this curious and thought I'd pose the question of how everyone here carries. Myself? I carry with a full mag and one in the chamber.

:popcorn:
    I always carry full mag. I pay extra for high capacity mags. I use them.

Top Bottom