Do you carry at the range? Might want to consider it.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It's forbidden to carry a loaded pistol at the Eagle Creek Range????

From ECPR's website:

LOADED FIREARMS ARE NOT ALLOWED ANYWHERE ON RANGE EXCEPT ON THE FIRING LINE.
    This means NO loaded or concealed firearms. Unload & clear your firearm at your vehicle, lock the slide and remove the magazine before entering the range.

LINKY

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've never been to Atterbury.

The "cold range" is the child of attorneys who know a lot more about liability than they do about gun handling and shooting.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    That rule was put in place at Eagle Creek long before I took over. As Rhino points out, liability is the name of the game, especially when dealing with a City-run entity.

As was explained to me, that rule was put in place to discourage people from drawing from the holster, and to keep those who might carry a loaded firearm in without benefit of holster, bag or box. I've seen it happen numerous times, fwiw.

I don't get real excited, as long as no one is unsafe. I don't recall ever kicking someone out for having a loaded concealed handgun on them. It's not even in our SOP to check for LTCH's. I do ask people who want to holster to lock the slide back, mag out until they get out to their car.

I try to be as fair as possible. The ONLY thing I get really ****** about is people handling their firearms for whatever reason while others are downrange, or sweeping any part of the line with a loaded weapon.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I try to be as fair as possible. The ONLY thing I get really ****** about is people handling their firearms for whatever reason while others are downrange, or sweeping any part of the line with a loaded weapon.
    Unless Im downrange of course, then we call temporary hot.:D:D:D

Seriously though, nothing is scarier than hearing a slide shut when there is little cover or concealment downrange.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I always carry a weapon that I won't be shooting when I go to the range. Usually it is 2-3 of us there as well. The range is one of the few places that I open carry.

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Way back when, I was at a private range out in the country by myself. I was walking back from the seventy five yard line and a guy came out to the Tree line that was on the side of the range. He did not belong there and he was heading straight for the firing line. He ran off when I yelled at him and I believe he noticed I was carring the rifle I was shooting. I never leave firearms at the firing line unless someone I know very well is there. When alone I always have a loaded weapon on me.

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    The pastor that was murdered in the article was a member of The High Road. There are a couple threads over there about the whole thing. One of the theories is that they dropped the body of at the range to make it look like a suicide.

Top Bottom