• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I used to cook a lot more than I do now. My ex and I both worked at Friday's as cooks, so we were both good at it (back when Friday's made all their stuff from scratch). Now, DoggyMama doesn't cook and she eats like a bird. So when I do cook, it seems like half of what I make gets thrown away. For that reason, we do eat out (or get takeout) for the majority of our meals, with the exception being breakfast (which she rarely eats).

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    I used to cook a lot more than I do now. My ex and I both worked at Friday's as cooks, so we were both good at it (back when Friday's made all their stuff from scratch). Now, DoggyMama doesn't cook and she eats like a bird. So when I do cook, it seems like half of what I make gets thrown away. For that reason, we do eat out (or get takeout) for the majority of our meals, with the exception being breakfast (which she rarely eats).

Just an FYI to some of you 'older' folks here who don't get out much, there's been 2 great inventions in the past century; the refrigerator and tupperware. Just got a telegraph about both last week...

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    Flipping through this little box of cards and reading something my great grandmother made,or my grandmother, mom,or even great grandfathers note on what not to use(in the margins of his wife's cards) is also a great feeling and then trying to make it is a way to connect to my past.
    THIS EXACTLY. I’m 72 and have recipe boxes from a great grandmother, both grandmothers and my mom; handwriting that l recognize, recipes that go back a hundred + years (one for “Lindbergh Relish”). I’ve been cooking from them for years and often get compliments from house guests. But l’ll be d*mned if l can fry chicken, or make potato salad like mom’s…

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    So we cook all meals at home . I will purchase pork butts, turkeys & other meats on sale. I will then put them on a smoker & portion out to a little over a 1 lb packages. I will do the same thing when I make spaghetti or chili. In the process now of making sourdough starter.

Top Bottom