• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Reading the new proposals for deer hunting I notice they state the license requirements for each season. Thing that caught my eye was the use of comprehensive lifetime licenses "before its repeal" . What the hell does THAT mean? Are they referring to when they stopped issuing them or is something else being planned we should know about?

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    They are going the Isis route and beheading all lifetime tag holders.

You out heard it here first folks right on the internet.

no they repealed the sale of lifetime tags.

I figured that might be what they were saying but hey, I remember talk about revoking them a few years ago because they were claiming it was costing them revenue. Plus I find it curious as to why they felt the need to state "before it's repeal"? It's kind of stating the obvious...:rolleyes:

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    If'n they did they would have a HUGE class action law suit on their hands. I'm surprised that some enterprising lawyer hasn't taken them to task about dropping a buck tag..

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    It was invested at one percent interest, when 5% investments were readily available. Have yet to hear where it was invested, and who signed off on the go ahead.

cedarthicket

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    If'n they did they would have a HUGE class action law suit on their hands. I'm surprised that some enterprising lawyer hasn't taken them to task about dropping a buck tag..
    I would not say that DNR "dropped" a buck tag for holders of a Comprehensive Hunting License. Over the years they just changed some of the bag limits, season dates, weapon types, applicable counties, special hunts, annual license fees, etc. I am sure some of these changes were regarded by the individual lifetime license holders as positive and some were not. However, the lifetime license holders did not have to worry about what was in effect only on the date they bought their license. Their lifetime licenses were good for whatever the situation was in the future as long as they lived. Any other arrangement would simply make no sense, being a massive, bureaucratic, nightmare for the DNR and the lifetime license holders. I do not know of any lifetime license holder that is not thankful that they bought their license.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    OK. Found it in the full text...

312 IAC 9-3-2 General requirements and licenses for hunting deer
    Authority: IC 14-10-2-4; IC 14-22-2-6
    Affected: IC 14-22; IC 35-47-2

The language "before its repeal" is not new language and speaks to those who hold a lifetime license before the repeal of the allowance for lifetime licenses; no one can buy a lifetime license now. It does not mean those who hold a lifetime license will have it "repealed".

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I do not know of any lifetime license holder that is not thankful that they bought their license.

It was the best money I ever spent. I got mine back in the 90's for $525, and believe it or not, my wife threw a fit at the time saying that it was an awful lot of money to be "throwing away". 70 deer and countless turkeys, coyotes, foxes, squirrels, and rabbits later, it's apparent that I came out like a bandit.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No proof other than word of mouth from a then DNR employee;
    After the mass purchase of lifetime licenses in the 90's, the DNR property managers and other higher up's received substantial pay increases. This was the early half of the Clinton/Bayh era where power drunk libs believed that we were years behind on tax increases and spending.

The DNR still refuse get that increasing tag prices ultimately runs new hunters away. They lost the concept and balance of quantity vs quality years ago. All the while they still have to make payroll that continues to increase.

I'm hoping, while they keep trying to add value to the existing high tag pricing, that we end up with CF rifle usage for now. Maybe later, when that plays out, they'll give us our other buck back that they confiscated shortly after their huge windfall on the lifetime licenses?

A much farther stretch would be to get a business mentality running the DNR that would promote enthusiasm toward outdoor sports. A "sale" reducing the pricing of annual tags along with reintroduction of lifetime licensing would be a smart way to do this. Some modern day thinking is needed to combat the modern day elements keeping our youth inside, overweight and dazed staring at electronics.

Last edited:

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I tried to get an an annual "Sportman's License" that would be equivilent to the LTL only on a yearly basis. Closest we got was the "deer bundle"..

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I tried to get an an annual "Sportman's License" that would be equivilent to the LTL only on a yearly basis. Closest we got was the "deer bundle"..

I always planned to gift my grandsons lifetime comprehensive hunting/fishing licenses for HS graduation, after letting them pay for tags for a couple years to appreciate it. That would be something never forgotten. A gift that they could pay forward to their kids/grandkids.

Top Bottom