• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Was attempting to do the on-line portion for a marriage license, one of the questions was, "Have you ever been married before, and if so, what was the date of divorce?"
    My prior marriage ended soon after the wedding, in the early 80s, and damned if I can remember the date, I can barely remember her name, lol.
    Here's where I need your help. Anyone know of a LEGIT service I could use to get this info? On-line prefered, but not required. I just don't want to miss a day of work, make a trip into downtown Indy to the city-county building to retrieve it myself.
    Thanks INGO for any and all help.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Or doxpop. You can do several free searches per month. Just search in the county where it happened.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I needed the divorce decree and property settlement to submit for my retirement. The county only held records 20 years then submitted them to the state. The state (Kentucky) was useless.
    I was able to get the info from my attorney I used 35 years ago.
    Good luck and keep the info safe for later use.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Uhhh....tried to reference divorce info for me, using this method and nothing populates; does that mean I'm still married?
    Ditto.
    Some sites only go back to '93.
    However, got info to county clerk's office, gonna give them a call Monday to see what hoops I have to jump through to get docs needed.
    1980s? Mycase has accurate info about 8 to 10 yers back. They simply haven't digitized everything going back for Mycase. This looks like a trip to the county clerk.
    Thanks

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    lol.............I'll forward her your concerns................... and start a new thread titled "Celibacy, and why I don't take relationship advice from WebSnyper anymore."
    Still on the first go myself, coming up on 29 years, (been together much longer) but if something happens, it's not something I'll ever feel the need to do again.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    1980s? Mycase has accurate info about 8 to 10 yers back. They simply haven't digitized everything going back for Mycase. This looks like a trip to the county clerk.
    Good to know. I’m looking up background info on people I am hiring and saw some going back to the 90s. Like in medicine, a negative finding doesn’t necessarily mean nothing is present.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Odd the date specific would matter given how long ago your divorce was. Seems a man could generically give a date from the year of divorce and be fine.
    Give them an approximate date and claim your therapist says you are repressing the memories to protect your mental health. If they want a more specific date, they need to look it up themselves. LOL

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And devils advocate; What happens if the date is wrong? New license isnt valid? I cant see why not, as if you are divorced, you are divorced. And that far back, a couple years either way aint gonna matter.

Its not like Indiana has a law that say you gotta be divorced at least x years before getting married again. Even if they did, we would be decades past the cutoff so it wouldnt matter if they did anyway.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Does it matter? Is there some kind of consequence imposed? Is there some party or agency that is going to out-research you and arrest you or something if you don't fill in the box?

Top Bottom