Disposable rubber gloves for gun cleaning, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    If they are ripping just getting them on something is wrong. Either you have the wrong size or cut your fingernails! :)

Must be wrong size. I have sissy hands but not girly fingernails. That is a pet peeve, in fact. ;)

Menards has good ones, in the Paint Department.

You said the magic word, "Menards"! I look for reasons to go, now I have one and they are closer than HF. :laugh:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    You've already been given the best answer with nitrile gloves, but another good reason to use gloves for cleaning purposes is that you won't be transferring your hand oils to the metal parts.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Fine line between being a Hard A and a Dumb A....

So true. I use surgical gloves whenever I clean any of my firearms to include my muzzleloader. Why? Because about 10 years ago an acquaintance of mine did a considerable amount of handgun shooting and re-loading. Over a period of time he and his wife began to notice their hair falling out and teeth/gum problems? Of course they went to their doctor and it was determined by their doctor to be due to lead poisoning from handling and sorting all the brass after shooting sessions and while re-loading. They now ear latex gloves and still wash their hands even after that. Ever since their experience I have began wearing gloves when I clean and I even keep wet ones in my range box that I use at the range after handling ammo. Sissy? maybe, but whatever... I am not taking any chances.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Definitely get the black nitrite ones, get the ones that are the thickest, and those can last all day, and can often be reused. Just put a little talc in them and they slide on and off easily.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I like the black Venom brand at Lowes. Really thick.

^^^^What he said.^^^^

I have tried many, those are my favorites. 6mil thickness, with textured fingertips.:yesway:

I have tried thicker gloves, but they didn't seem to be much more durable. I like them to fit a little loose. Seems to cut down on tearing. If they are super tight, a knick against something sharp will easily tear them.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I like the black Venom brand at Lowes. Really thick.

Just checked these out, seems a lot of people really like them. I think I'll pick up a box. I can use those for cleaning cums and things where the blue exam gloves usually rip and keep the blue gloves for painting/staining where they won't rip. Thanks for the heads up on these, I had never heard of them.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Different nitrile gloves are sold for different purposes. Some as very cheap "disposable" hand covering, some tougher, some designed to break away rather than dragging the caught gloved hand into machinery.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    AM I THE ONLY ONE HERE THAT LOVES THE SMELL OF HOPPES, COSMOLINE, AND CORDITE ON MY HANDS????????!!!!!!!!!!!:)

"I know Papaw....Things have changed down here since you went up to your reward but yes there is a thread about guys...Yes guys...Wearing gloves when they clean their guns...."

(All in jest guys...I like miguel and I by golly just couldn't resist...)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom