• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    How might I go about this?

I have a couple of old and broken down recliners as well as a king size bed that I'd like to dispose of this weekend, if at all possible. However, I have no idea how to go about this. I don't live inside city limits and I don't pay for trash collection services, & I refuse to be 'that guy' and sit everything out by the road. Likewise, I'd like to avoid the sacrificial bon fire due to the upholstery and padding.

Will the Omnisource type facilities take these items and strip them down for the metal? I'm open to suggestions. Likewise, if someone in the Ft. Wayne/Warsaw area has a washout on their property & is looking for items to help fill that area back in.... :cool:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Put them in the front yard with a "$10" sign hanging on it. Someone will steal it soon enough.

I have been lucky so far with doing this. I have set so much stuff near my mail box with a sign that says "for sale". Not once has anyone tried to steal any of it - people drive up the drive and ring the door bell and pay. Just fwiw my house is about 350' off the road.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Put them in the front yard with a "$10" sign hanging on it. Someone will steal it soon enough.

Truer words were never spoken! Although I've found if you put it out on trash day to be obviously thrown out I will inevitably have someone knock on the door and ask if they can have it. I guess that's the difference between living in town vs out here in the "country".

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Agreed. If you put a sign that says "free", no one will take it.. if you put a sign that says "for sale" it will be stolen within 24 hours.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Truer words were never spoken! Although I've found if you put it out on trash day to be obviously thrown out I will inevitably have someone knock on the door and ask if they can have it. I guess that's the difference between living in town vs out here in the "country".

I do this all the time (but they don't come and ask if they can take it). It's like having my own "unofficial" heavy trash pick up.

T/SF34/A

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Like everyone else has said, put it by the mailbox with a "free" sign and someone will take it. I used to stain used furniture that I picked up for cheap from flea markets or goodwill in my driveway and people would stop and ask if I'd sell it.

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    In my neck of the woods, they take it out to the country and dump it on the side of the road.

I think Goodwill takes furniture that's in decent shape, otherwise toss it on the bonfire.

Top Bottom