• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Littlejoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Elrod Indiana
    Seems to be alot of Glock owners on this forum. Can someone tell me the difference between the Glock 17L and the Glock 34? I would like to hear from someone that has shot both models. Gun shops around here don't stock them. So if I want one it will have to be ordered. Looking to start shooting in the GSSF events. Want to stay will the 9mm. I have a 26 for CC so this will be for target shooting only. Any help would be nice and thanks.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    • Glock 34: Competition version of the Glock 17. It is similar to the now-discontinued Glock 17L but with a slightly shorter slide and barrel than its predecessor. It was developed and produced in 1998 and features a 21 mm (0.8 in) longer barrel and slide. It also has an extended magazine release, extended slide stop lever, 20 N (4.5 lbf) trigger pull, and adjustable rear sight. The top of the slide is milled out, creating a hole designed to reduce front-end muzzle weight to better balance the pistol.[30]

Wikipedia: Glock pistol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I thought they they were pretty much the same except for the name and the 17L had an open top slide. Oh, someone posted the answer while I was trying to look. Nevermind....;)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Thanks the shop I talked with didn't tell me the 17L was not in production anymore.

The -17L is still in production on a limited basis, and new runs are occasionally available here in the States.

I have read alot about the 17L but could not find much on the 34. Has it been out long?

The G34 and 35 were introduced in 1998; they've been around awhile.

Top Bottom