DIDNT get INGO LOWER and want to CRY......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Based my (bad) experience with other (good) experiences with other group buys. Those that said yes in the feeler threads are guaranteed first right by payment prior to going to the open market. Nice to know how this site works. Not that I need any more sequentially numbered lowers, already have 5.

I can only assume you are referring to this thread https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general-firearms-discussion/372778-ingo-ar-15-lower.html when it all started, right?

Cuz I didn't see you post in there

OK....this is your second thread like this.
    Did you read that we were a bit overwhelmed by the response and how quickly it topped out.
    Again, did you read the last post in the feeler that announced on open forum how this was going to work.
    It was all right there to be seen.
    As Robby posted we rarely get full response off of feelers. This one is an exception. Limits had to be set.

As you and I have spoken in the real world I hope you understand why I am putting this post here.
    Not a knock just wish everyone would read the thread and see why things worked out this way.

Again, this is a tough thing to put together. It is not done on a whim. Hours and hours have gone into this.
    Yes.....this is how the site works. The best it can.

-CM-

Cheese and rice. Can we stop this? I didn't get one either, but if we keep *****ing they're not going to want to do it again. Then we'll never get one

If another buy happens I might just buy a few lowers. As soon as enough people start *****ing about it I'm going to film myself smashing them with a sledge hammer and post it.

Bored. Saw the thread. Thought I'd throw a line in. DAMN were the fish biting!!! Been kinda entertaining actually. No good way to do anything without someone being left out but what the hey right? In response to Robby Mac there must have been multiple feeler threads because I "may" have been the first to indicate an interest in sequential numbers in the thread I responded to. If I get bored again later I'll add the link so I can "prove" to those interested enough to go looking that it's there. No biggie but it has been entertaining to see how big the pile can get.

Found it. Post 109.
    Whew! Now I'll sleep better tonight. Probably not the "original" thread, don't know. Don't care but did post.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...o-lower-receiver-one-step-closer-chime-3.html

Last edited:

Romero Zombie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Greenwood
    I was the second person in when the thread asking who wanted one and how many. For some strange reason yet ANOTHER thread was started that didn't take our requests into account and screwed over a lot of folks including me. Epic fail.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I was the second person in when the thread asking who wanted one and how many. For some strange reason yet ANOTHER thread was started that didn't take our requests into account and screwed over a lot of folks including me. Epic fail.

As has been discussed ad nauseum ... one thread was a Feeler thread, and the other was the official Group Buy thread ... reading comprehension (or selecting a proper font color) who needs it?

If you don't **** off the people organizing these group buys, perhaps you'll get in on the next one.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    While I still don't have a chance on this GB because of how far down the list I am I do hope that another gets going right after.

I want to SBR that thing and get it in before July of this year. If two were available I might even double up on the new stamps.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

If we have to explain this one more time then I seriously doubt if we (staff) will want to do this again.

Read the threads involved. Please.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    We had two polls. One started by Fenway in January of 2015, where we learned the price point that most members would be willing to pay for a custom ingo lower was $100. We did some searching throughout the year and discovered that Indiana manufacturers we contacted were wanting more than that price. During a mod meeting in early fall of 2015, we felt this project was shelved due to high cost. Then we discovered BCI was manufacturing early this year, and got a positive response back from them.

So the 2nd poll was started, giving more detailed information, to see how many of our members would be willing to pay the $85.
    It clearly stated within that 2nd poll thread:
    So we've taken the feeler thread one step closer...

This is a feeler to determine whether it's pursuing.
    We have pricing, design, and a manufacturer... the rest is up to the populace.

BCI lower (manufactured here in Indiana). Each packaged in bubble wrap, cardboard box, with serial # identified sticker on the outside of the packaging. Engraving as shown below.
    Price: $85, plus FFL transfer fee through one of our vendors (estimated at $15)....

I think it was stated pretty clearly that it was still a feeler, and whether the project was worth pursuing. I am not sure how any member feels that their posting, or the order in which they posted in that thread, somehow entitles them to dibs on a group buy. I don't see anyone posting dibs based on their involvement in the first feeler thread. And no, that's not an invitation.

Top Bottom