• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Funny TT because I was scrolling down my morning INGO page(s) for my morning fix and was about to skip this one from long ago when I noticed you had responded to it, and I knew better than to have a mouthful of morning coffee ready when I open one of YOUR replies, you have made me laugh uncontrollably once or twice around 4 am, with a post reply or two.:ingo::D

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Those who get their emails have seen pretty large sales and promos to get people back in their stores. I suspect this is way their sales numbers went up a few months ago. They can't possibly keep that up and expect to make projected profits.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Finally gun owners reacted to Dick's antigun policies. Took long enough.

Keep an eye out for their next batch of loss leader sales on .22 LR to see if we eat our own again...
    I have plenty of 22, but am not above buying from them when I know they are losing money on it. (Loss leaders/break evens are the only time I shop there anyway)

Giving them business at all is still supporting their anti-gun stance isn't it? :dunno:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Dicks Sporting Goods today reported a larger-than-expected drop in same store sales and their stock has taken a dive as a result. What’s more, analysts are blaming their post-Parkland Bloomberg-approved gun sales polices for a big part of the drop.

The "dive" wiped out 17 days of gains. The stock is still up from Aug 13th and still +25% YTD. I know TTAG wants to crow, but the "dive" isn't really significant.

I checked the general retail market just to see the trends and how this might fit. There's definite winners and losers. I can't believe some of the gains on YTD for some specialty retailers. Holy crap, I should have invested in maternity clothes and auto parts at the beginning of the year. Stupid crystal ball.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Finally gun owners reacted to Dick's antigun policies. Took long enough.

Keep an eye out for their next batch of loss leader sales on .22 LR to see if we eat our own again...

I have plenty of 22, but am not above buying from them when I know they are losing money on it. (Loss leaders/break evens are the only time I shop there anyway)

Not if they lose money on the items. It's like drinking salt water for them.

I'm not buying that.

With all due respect, it sounds like an excuse to patronize a well known anti-gun business who not only are anti-gun, but issue press releases to promote their anti-gun stance to others.

On top of that, is more money lost on a loss leader that gets sold or one that sits on the shelf because gun owners WILL NOT SUPPORT this business?

This is why Dick's Sporting Goods is still in business, when they should have gone bankrupt a long time ago.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA

Funny, I feel the same way about Dunham's.

The existence of that place offends my sense of moral justice. Never has there been a greater example of the failure of capitalism than the fact that Dunham's is still in business.

JJFII

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    Anderson
    Nope...never spend another dime there. stopped when they tossed the 2nd A under the bus. Now they choose to deprive young adults of the right to defend themselves...whats next...No Blacks allowed?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I'm not buying that.

With all due respect, it sounds like an excuse to patronize a well known anti-gun business who not only are anti-gun, but issue press releases to promote their anti-gun stance to others.

On top of that, is more money lost on a loss leader that gets sold or one that sits on the shelf because gun owners WILL NOT SUPPORT this business?

This is why Dick's Sporting Goods is still in business, when they should have gone bankrupt a long time ago.

I am with BW on this one. Even selling a loss leader is Sales they can report to shareholders. It shows improvement or just something positive. “See people will come in our store”. It also allows Dicks to move a large amount of inventory quickly and allows them to negotiate with distribution. Leave their product on the shelf, let it rot, take away their bargaining ability.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You doubt they are telling the truth? It didn't say it was all UA, nor was it all gun related. When it comes to financials, I doubt they are lying. Companies get into big trouble very quickly that way.

Besides, they are making money. as much as their policies suck, they will most likely be around for a while. They should just get out of the gun business totally though, and focus on other stuff. Which is probably where they are headed.

Top Bottom