Despite violent start to 2024, new gun legislation likely a non-starter in Indiana

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    I find it amusing that the people who are upset over an uptick in violent crime have no problem calling for the citizenry to be disarmed, but if you suggest that a better solution is to permanently incarcerate (or execute) the criminals - suddenly they collapse on their fainting couches.

You don't need to get rid of the guns, just get rid of the criminals. Problem solved. :dunno:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    You know I think about stuff sometimes.
    Indiana isn’t all Gary, East Chicago, Indy and such. The big cities attract a criminal element that really has no fear of Police or other citizens. They will not obey laws no matter how many you pass.

What is the cause?

Down here even the Democrats are pro 2A!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    “Last month, the Giffords Law Center gave Indiana a D- for failing to pass gun control legislation it says could save lives.”

Heh, we’ve got work to do. This is at least one letter grade too high.
    Well the “Shootersix Law Center” gives Indiana a solid B+ for succeeding in not passing any new gun laws that could preserve our gun rights!

If Indiana would pass a “sanctuary state” law or a “screw the atf” law or a “ the government can pass any law they want…but Indiana ain’t gonna enforce it” law…the “Shootersix Law Center” might just get the grade raised to an “A”

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Pro 2A democrat... OK, sure. :rolleyes:

So these supposed pro 2A Dems then vote with Republicans?

:scratch:
    2 of the last 3 democratic sheriffs in Vanderburgh County have been solid pro gun democrats! I was at a town hall meeting where the (then) sheriff made the comment “get a gun! We can’t get to you faster than you can get your gun!”, the current sheriff (also a democrat) made the “im pro gun but” statement!

And a democratic candidate for a neighboring county told me nobody has a reason to own an ar15…I almost asked him “does your gun shop sell them?” (He owns a gun shop) but since I was at work (I don’t own the company) and he was a customer I bit my tongue

I’ve always said in Vanderburgh County, you’re conservative or liberal, because you’d find pro gun democrats and pro choice republicans!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    2 of the last 3 democratic sheriffs in Vanderburgh County have been solid pro gun democrats! I was at a town hall meeting where the (then) sheriff made the comment “get a gun! We can’t get to you faster than you can get your gun!”, the current sheriff (also a democrat) made the “im pro gun but” statement!

And a democratic candidate for a neighboring county told me nobody has a reason to own an ar15…I almost asked him “does your gun shop sell them?” (He owns a gun shop) but since I was at work (I don’t own the company) and he was a customer I bit my tongue

I’ve always said in Vanderburgh County, you’re conservative or liberal, because you’d find pro gun democrats and pro choice republicans!

I guess :scratch: good for them. They gotta get elected in liberal-town.

The problem is that the Democrat party literally never votes pro 2A these days. The sheriff may not have anything to do with voting for legislation, but his party certainly does. He supports that party with the D next to his name.

It's understood why supposedly pro gun folks have to call themselves democrat, but their party has not voted anything favorable to the 2A for years.

When was the last time you heard of any dem that voted in legislation that was pro 2A? You didn't...

I totally understand, as it's similar here in Monroe County. It's good that the best person for the job does as necessary to get that job.

It's not a good thing to promote "pro 2A" law enforcement when their party is proven over and over and over to be anti 2A legislation voters.

Last edited:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    The Democratic Party in Perry County has a big sign “We are Pro Second Amendment ” .

Kinda like Chickens for KFC but it keeps local politicians quite.

Top Bottom