• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    I have a MK VII in 357 mag. Holds a few more rounds and its ALOT cheaper to shoot. Its absolutely fun to shoot. hardly any recoil, extremely accurate and a lot of noise and flash. People will say there not reliable but I call BS on that. They just like to be held onto very tight. Tighter than most. Is it practical not really maybe if you handgun hunt. Are they carry piece Oh god no. Is it cool awwww yeeaa.

541273_409617569059137_1485539168_n.jpg

522815_409617555725805_10070093_n.jpg

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It's funny to see some of these comments. Some of you make it sound like the gun is a POS or you have to have to much testosterone to want to buy one lol! All you have to do is have deep enough pockets to afford it and enjoy really large caliber hand guns. It doesn't make you a fool to own one.

I really enjoy mine. I put another 20 rounds threw it this afternoon. Fun is all I can say. Don't knock it because you can't handle the recoil or can't afford it! I won't argue about the practicality. It isn't. But it has a wow factor. I am happy with it. It's a keeper!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I bought mine a few weeks ago for 1275.00 new and he tossed a box of ammo in with it. This was at Granger Guns. I have bought other things from him in the past so that might be why he gave me the ammo. Mine is Black.

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    My brother bought a DE in 44 mag but he hasn't touch it since he fired it a couple times many years ago. It's a beast to shoot, he said.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I bought mine a few weeks ago for 1275.00 new and he tossed a box of ammo in with it. This was at Granger Guns. I have bought other things from him in the past so that might be why he gave me the ammo. Mine is Black.

I forgot to mention that mine is a .50ae.

My brother bought a DE in 44 mag but he hasn't touch it since he fired it a couple times many years ago. It's a beast to shoot, he said.

Maybe he would sell it to someone that can shoot it. Or maybe he should spend some range time with it and get use to it. I would go for the latter. It's to fun a gun just to set around!

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I would sure love to own one, ... looked at one at an auction once (it went for just under 1300), but there's no way I'd spend the money on one since I have so many other needs/wants.
    If I had the money, I'd have one and everybody at the range would know I had one.
    BOOM.

movevio

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    i have had my .50 AE for about 3 years now and love it. it shoots great and looks even better even though i am a sucker for "movie prop" guns this is one of the few i bought for that reason and kept. i have shoot a deer with it every year i have owned it and can verify that it puts them down. it makes a does head look like a canoe:twocents:

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Have a brother in law who used to have one. I wasn't so much put off by the recoil as by the bulk. Not at all practical for my needs, so I wouldn't buy one.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I would sure love to own one, ... looked at one at an auction once (it went for just under 1300), but there's no way I'd spend the money on one since I have so many other needs/wants.
    If I had the money, I'd have one and everybody at the range would know I had one.
    BOOM.

Mackey. When I was shooting it today one of the guys from the trap range came over to see what the heck kind of gun was making that load noise was. He was amazed that it was a pistol. He ask what caliber is was and I said .50ae and he said .50 you got to be kidding me! I let him see it. I could tell he wanted to shoot it so bad. I made his day by letting him shoot it. It's a fun gun! I am thinking about getting the .44 mag barrel. It's a easy swap. Drop it in the barrel and use the .44 magazine.

If you search around I am sure one could be had reasonable from someone that either lost it's "wow" factor or can't afford to shoot it. That's how I picked my AR50. At a good price.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I still want one for home defense.

Really? It will go threw the guy and the guy behind him and the wall and threw your neighbor's house and the house on the other side an kill the poor cat setting there minding his own business. Surely you jest? I would not like to clean up the mess!

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Really? It will go threw the guy and the guy behind him and the wall and threw your neighbor's house and the house on the other side an kill the poor cat setting there minding his own business. Surely you jest? I would not like to clean up the mess!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^TRUE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Consider those around you when choosing a home defense piece. We have Glasers in the 1911's for this reason. Run 2 3/4" game loads in the pump gun as well. Personally, I do not want to kill (well, maybe only injure) any of my neighbors.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Had one of the first ones in 357 mag, I loved the darn thing but only liked 180 gr factory loads but still cheaper than 44 or 50.Was stolen several years ago though or I would still have it

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Had one of the first ones in 357 mag, I loved the darn thing but only liked 180 gr factory loads but still cheaper than 44 or 50.Was stolen several years ago though or I would still have it

You sure it wasn't lost in a boating accident? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom