• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    You clearly haven't read any of my other posts if you think I support Trump in any way.
    Apologies... I should not have lumped you in with the "usual subjects".

Just FWIW, the origin of this story (your link was OAN) was a WaPo hit piece:

And even though the project was a priority for decades, was approved by the Feds in 2017 (before DeSantis) and was one of the high priority "shovel-ready" projects that would qualify for the federal funds... the headline is "DeSantis agency sent $92 million in covid relief funds to donor-backed project".

The "agency" was FDOT which sent the author the history of the project across multiple governorships... county priorities, etc.

How smear pieces work:

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Yes, nevermind that this exchange has been on Volusia County's wishlist, and supported by FL DOT since at LEAST 2004... and the exchange would break up a 7 mile stretch without an exit IN DAYTONA BEACH... not like that's a busy area... nope, just a crony thing. :rolleyes:

Why do you Trumpers fear DeSantis so much?
    Getting pretty testy when someone criticizes your guy huh? I thought you insinuated Bug and Mike were worshiping at the alter of Trump for vociferously defending him....like you're doing with Desantis.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Getting pretty testy when someone criticizes your guy huh? I thought you insinuated Bug and Mike were worshiping at the alter of Trump for vociferously defending him....like you're doing with Desantis.
    Well, if you want to align with the Washington Post... I guess that's on you.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    If I could jump in as a former Hoosier who moved to Florida almost 10 years ago.... down here in Florida we voted for DeSantis because he was like Trump. That was it. We appreciate what DeSantis did and have this hope that he's just fleecing establishment goons for their money.....but Trump is WAY more popular than DeSantis here. We're not going to go see the Metallica cover band if we get to see Metallica.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Yes, nevermind that this exchange has been on Volusia County's wishlist, and supported by FL DOT since at LEAST 2004... and the exchange would break up a 7 mile stretch without an exit IN DAYTONA BEACH... not like that's a busy area... nope, just a crony thing. :rolleyes:

Why do you Trumpers fear DeSantis so much?
    Looks to me like this is a great reply that debunks a lying Washington Post hit piece.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Looks to me like this is a great reply that debunks a lying Washington Post hit piece.
    Uhhh, if it was such an urgent and necessary project, why wait 5 years to fund it and use covid money instead of appropriated funds for it?

Is it possible his own legislature would have given him grief about appropriating funds for a project pushed by a big money donor (that part of the story is true, despite the deflection about the project has been on the books since '04)?

I see using the left-over gov't funds as suspicious because he doesn't have to get legislative input to redirect them. If Daytona really was starving for needed interstate interchanges, one would think the project would have been funded sometime in the last 19 years. The whole thing smacks of the worst crony capitalism. I would bet his big money donor (and friends) have now bought up control of the developable land around the new exchange so the project can be green lighted and they'll make a killing on the suddenly much more valuable real estate

Edit: When he was bragging on his management skills, wasn't he making a big deal about how much of a surplus the state budget had? Shouldn't he have used state money vetted by legislative input? Somehow that doesn't seem very small governmenty

Edit 2: And what about his push to delay the Disney trial until 2025? Does that benefit anybody but him?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Uhhh, if it was such an urgent and necessary project, why wait 5 years to fund it and use covid money instead of appropriated funds for it?
    You mean something like this $4B in infrastructure:

And, if you read the FDOT response to the WaPo writer... they moved THIS project to the federal funds lane because it was approved, designed, and shovel ready... pre-reqs for that specific funding.

Or, I suppose, they could have made the FL bill $4.1B... and sent the money back to Bidet.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    :rolleyes: You've basically become the caricature of who you think Bug and Mike are.
    So, is WaPo a smear rag? Or a journal of truth and fact?

I say they're a smear rag and lay out the facts to support that.... you don't address any of the facts, de facto align with the WaPo smear rag (ok, call the smear a mere "criticism") and then say I deflect?

And you are still deflecting... are you defending the WaPo sourced story? Or not? Pretty easy question.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    So, is WaPo a smear rag? Or a journal of truth and fact?

I say they're a smear rag and lay out the facts to support that.... you don't address any of the facts, de facto align with the WaPo smear rag (ok, call the smear a mere "criticism") and then say I deflect?

And you are still deflecting... are you defending the WaPo sourced story? Or not? Pretty easy question.
    It's not about WaPo. When you accuse other people of things and then do what you acused them of, it becomes more about hypocrisy.

By the way, that's some nice attempted Marxist guilt by association you've got going on there.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Is it possible his own legislature would have given him grief about appropriating funds for a project pushed by a big money donor (that part of the story is true, despite the deflection about the project has been on the books since '04)?

I see using the left-over gov't funds as suspicious because he doesn't have to get legislative input to redirect them. If Daytona really was starving for needed interstate interchanges, one would think the project would have been funded sometime in the last 19 years. The whole thing smacks of the worst crony capitalism. I would bet his big money donor (and friends) have now bought up control of the developable land around the new exchange so the project can be green lighted and they'll make a killing on the suddenly much more valuable real estate

Edit: When he was bragging on his management skills, wasn't he making a big deal about how much of a surplus the state budget had? Shouldn't he have used state money vetted by legislative input? Somehow that doesn't seem very small governmenty

Edit 2: And what about his push to delay the Disney trial until 2025? Does that benefit anybody but him?
    Perhaps this is one of the best uses for covid money, even better than the original intent?
    I don't really know and honestly I am not going to learn enough about this to argue intelligently.
    However I do know what I think about wapo and I am glad I am not naive enough to fall for their crap. To me rebutting their lies is not defending anything other than truth and not a show of extreme support for anything.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    It's not about WaPo. When you accuse other people of things and then do what you acused them of, it becomes more about hypocrisy.

By the way, that's some nice attempted Marxist guilt by association you've got going on there.
    Hey, bub... you chose to jump in with both feet... and yes, it is about accusations levied by WaPo.

You chose a side... WaPo's side... the smear side.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Seems like there certainly hasn't been a lot of positive to latch onto with D'santis lately. Like I said before I'll probably just stick with backing away from pushing one candidate over the other and wait for the general election.
    This is normal. As the quiet governor gets pressure little good comes out and a lot bad does. It is just the nature of the beast. What is abnormal is having a fully vetted past President who is not in office running in a primary.

So when I see posts from ABT’ers I discount them because the ABT candidates are not fully vetted, Trump is…

Top Bottom