• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is why former Governors are often sought after to run as candidates for POTUS because they have been successful at the State Executive level. Just because they only have State level Executive governmental experience doesn't mean they can't be successful at the national level. It's been proven in the past that they can.
    I read that JFK was an anomaly being elected President and was until Obummer then bidet. The machine was changed…

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Some of our past best presidents have been former governors. The sad truth is that Trump is unelectable.
    Says you, but they've been saying that since he first ran.

Then there's this article from anti-trump msn:

A pair of new polls show former President Donald Trump continues to lead the pack of 2024 contenders, though Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is closing the gap despite not officially announcing his candidacy for the presidency.

“It’s not surprising that another new poll shows Trump in the lead,” Rutgers University presidential and cultural historian David Greenberg told the Herald Sunday. “He’s the front-runner and a lot of Republican voters remain intensely loyal to him.

“It’s also not surprising that DeSantis is emerging as the leading alternative,” Greenberg added. “He’s been a popular governor and has built a national following.”

According to the most recent poll of registered voters published by Harvard’s Center for American Political Studies, Trump, who announced on Nov. 15 he would seek the White House for a third time, leads DeSantis by 18 points, 46% to 28%.

This represents a 20-point shift in support among Republican-leaning voters during the month that has passed since the last Harvard-Harris poll, with Florida’s recently re-elected governor gaining 11 points and Trump losing 9. The poll was conducted in the days following Trump’s announcement of his candidacy.
    An Emerson College poll, also released last week, showed Trump with a 30-point lead over DeSantis, 55% to 25%. Trump’s support, however, depends on the demographics of the voter, according to pollsters.

That being said, we already know the value of most polls is usually less than zero.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is why former Governors are often sought after to run as candidates for POTUS because they have been successful at the State Executive level. Just because they only have State level Executive governmental experience doesn't mean they can't be successful at the national level. It's been proven in the past that they can.
    You should probably compare number of governors elected president to what you (personal standards) consider a successful president. The numbers ain't pretty

Transferring experience as a governor into success as a president is rarer than most think

'W' was a governor, Clinton was a governor, Carter was a governor and Reagan was a governor to name a few recent examples. I would rate 1 out of 4 of those as worthwhile

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You should probably compare number of governors elected president to what you (personal standards) consider a successful president. The numbers ain't pretty

Transferring experience as a governor into success as a president is rarer than most think

'W' was a governor, Clinton was a governor, Carter was a governor and Reagan was a governor to name a few recent examples. I would rate 1 out of 4 of those as worthwhile
    My point is that just because someone like Gov. Desantis has only been successful thus far on a State Executive level doesn't mean he can't be a viable successful candidate on a National Executive level.

I don't ascribe to the argument that it's not possible for him to transfer that State level Executive experience and be successful on a National level. It has been done.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    My point is that just because someone like Gov. Desantis has only been successful thus far on a State Executive level doesn't mean he can't be a viable successful candidate on a National Executive level.

I don't ascribe to the argument that it's not possible for him to transfer that State level Executive experience and be successful on a National level. It has been done.
    No argument that it is POSSIBLE for DeSantis to be a successful chief executive

Heck, it's POSSIBLE that Paul Pelosi would put down the hammer, repent and honor his marriage vows

My point is, it isn't anywhere near as likely as people want to think it is

Rayz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    Martinsville
    Same. However if election laws do not tighten up nationwide elections will continue to be stolen.

When the ballot box is rigged what recourse do the people have?
    I totally agree. Along with the state election vote counters, not ours but Pa. and Ar. Come to mind

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I totally agree. Along with the state election vote counters, not ours but Pa. and Ar. Come to mind
    We Conservatives have to quit talking about what the dems are doing that we believe it is not right and play the game by the current rules. NY gubernatorial candidate Lee Zeldin says conservatives must stop the dems from altering the voting rules in red states and learn to play the game in purple states. For instance, why are conservatives not ballot harvesting at every nursing home in red counties? Because they are still playing by queensberry rules.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    No argument that it is POSSIBLE for DeSantis to be a successful chief executive

Heck, it's POSSIBLE that Paul Pelosi would put down the hammer, repent and honor his marriage vows

My point is, it isn't anywhere near as likely as people want to think it is
    At this point I see no reason to believe that Desantis could'nt become successful on a national chief executive level. I believe it's more likely for him to do so than the possibility that P. Pelosi would put down the hammer, repent and honor his marriage vows. Now THAT I don't think is possible.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    We Conservatives have to quit talking about what the dems are doing that we believe it is not right and play the game by the current rules. NY gubernatorial candidate Lee Zeldin says conservatives must stop the dems from altering the voting rules in red states and learn to play the game in purple states. For instance, why are conservatives not ballot harvesting at every nursing home in red counties? Because they are still playing by queensberry rules.
    There are a number of people that would like to see Zeldin run the RNC and kick that current feckless tub of goo Rona McDaniel out of the chair.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    While true, like I said, I don't even think we'll get another Trump presidency. Republicans still need to figure out how to exploit main-in ballots like Democrats do.

Also, Republicans have to find better ways to dispel the media narrative against them. It would help if Trump would be a bit less Trumpy.
    That won’t matter, Romney and McCain were about as un-Trumpy as could be and the media still went after them, the difference is Trump was aggressive and would call out their nonsense while the Rhinos think they can get the media to like them.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN

I think this is very spot-on. Any head-to-head polls (like DeSantis v Trump) are meaningless since it really depends upon the "field". Remember how Trump got the 2016 nomination among the umpteen dwarves... he didn't hit 50% anywhere until his home state of NY, which by then only Cruz and Kasich remained.

And doubly so with "traditional" announcements not coming until April-June, Trump's almost unprecedented very early announcement notwithstanding.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Can we nominate Elon Musk?

He doesn't need any outside money, seeks the truth, and has the IQ to outmaneuver everyone, and appears to appreciate the USA and what it stands for.

No one asked or forced him to spend billions of dollars to correct Twitter’s direction to bring back free speech to bring back some sanity to this country.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Can we nominate Elon Musk?

He doesn't need any outside money, seeks the truth, and has the IQ to outmaneuver everyone, and appears to appreciate the USA and what it stands for.

No one asked or forced him to spend billions of dollars to correct Twitter’s direction to bring back free speech to bring back some sanity to this country.
    Elon Musk isn't qualified to be president of the U.S.A.

Top Bottom