• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACK9090

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2009
    Indy
    Has anyone done any deprivation deer hunting? We just received our tags from the DNR and will probably start hunting next weekend. Hopefully we will get the opportinuty to knock a few down from a couple hundred yards away.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    You obviously know where you're going to be shooting them.

Set out your range flags/yardage indicators/wind indicators from your shooting position. Make sure you know your come-ups and kill the ones you want to kill when they show up.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Have fun pulling the unborn fetus out of the does you take while field dressing.

Overpopulation of the deer in the parks is the problem. There is not enough food for them. There are no "natural" predators around to keep them in check.
    Would you rather have malnourished deer running around with disease?
    or fewer well feed healthy deer?

Just donig my part to take care of the deer population.
    :yesway:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Overpopulation of the deer in the parks is the problem. There is not enough food for them. There are no "natural" predators around to keep them in check.
    Would you rather have malnourished deer running around with disease?
    or fewer well feed healthy deer?

:yesway:

There are NO state park hunts going on right now and when they do happen you must abide by all the rest of the rules of regular season deer hunting and sometimes more.

Depredation permit hunting on private land to stop crop damage is not the same thing as the special hunts the state runs in a state park.

Last edited:

Crimson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 24, 2008
    Columbus, Indiana
    Have fun pulling the unborn fetus out of the does you take while field dressing.

Deer do not have babies at this time of year. You will have no trouble with cleaning.

Bucks rut in october/november for the first rut. Does have a 90-120 days before having their young. Even for the second or third rut, the latest a doe will usually have young is end of april first of may.

Cbarnett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Earth
    Gestation for whitetail can be as long as 180 days. So it wouldn't be impossible.

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    How do you go about deprivation hunts? The farmer who lets me hunt his land said he'd sign anything the DNR wanted him to sign, but does that mean that I can hunt there with one of those tags even though it isn't my land?

I appreciate the help guys.

Stove

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How do you go about deprivation hunts? The farmer who lets me hunt his land said he'd sign anything the DNR wanted him to sign, but does that mean that I can hunt there with one of those tags even though it isn't my land?

I appreciate the help guys.

The farmer will have to show/have damage. DNR will come out and inspect said damage and if it is over $500, then it is likely they will issue a permit. The permit has specific previsions, center fire .243 or bigger, 1/2 earlier and later, and so on. I believe that I can have 10 people on my permit.

If the farmer has damage, have him contact DNR and he can go from there.

Top Bottom