• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    There are democrats who don't believe in abortion, non-traditional marriage and don't believe that Obama is the second coming of Christ. I've got democrat customers who compete, take training classes and own more than a handful of firearms.

I think we make startlingly inappropriate generalizations when we label these emotionally vacant p*ssies in Connecticut as democrats.
    Doesn't mean a dam thing if they vote for representatives that will vote anti-gun...

Hei Atzfel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    "[T]o prevent another Sandy Hook, we as a society must prioritize the sanctity of human life over the individual’s 'right to carry,'" the letter reads.

Oh wow, if only I could speak to the people who wrote that letter......there's just so much wrong with it.....

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    If I were the owner of Starbucks I would take great offense to someone trying to tell me that I can't conduct my business in any legal manner that I see fit and tell them to go pound sand. The owners of Starbucks have done well so far, I hope that they have the stones to continue.

Tell the complainers that if they want a gun free coffee shop to start their own.

It is not about Starbucks as a business, it is about leveraging their POV onto those weaker than themselves. They need muscle to do that and Starbucks has a lot of muscle- they have a TON of locations, perhaps third only to Subway and McD's and make mountains of money. I bet they receive WAY more repeat customers on a nearly daily basis than any other food retail place. Americans have made expensive coffee a status symbol and we also like consistency and repetitiveness.

The antifreedom crowd (I refuse to label them politically anymore) wants to use people's psychology against them and it needs to be airtight. Take a large, affluent, intelligent, connected group of people and make sure they don't exercise their right at least one spot every day and they will be compelled to stop carrying due to the inconvenience alone.

They want to make THEIR way the easy way, so people turn into sheep and blindly follow their plan. They not only remain in power, but they gain strength to the point that everyone assume that is how things have always been, further instilling the "entitlement" mindset that not only do other people/organizations/government OWE you a decent living but they are compelled to give it to you.

Oh, wait... This has already been going on 150 years and we are pretty accustomed to being sheep already. "Here are my papers."

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Oh wow, if only I could speak to the people who wrote that letter......there's just so much wrong with it.....
    I would ask the people who wrote it who they would call the next time a shooter needs to be stopped. I guarantee the answer will be someone with a gun. Isn't it quicker/more effective to cut out the middle man and have a gun with you? There would be less loss of life.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So the anti-gun people, who are primarily Democrats, want to ban carry at Starbucks.... is that how we are supposed to refer to these people then?
    Or anti-gun politicians, who appear to also have a high level of membership in the Democrat party, are pushing higher taxes on guns and ammo...

Do the Republicans have way too many politicians that are anti-RKBA? Yes they do. Is that percentage any where close to what it is, in the Democrats party? It doesn't appear to be. I think the people who keep parroting the line, "that both parties are the same" show themselves to be fairly ignorant when in the next breath they come on this board and assure us no further gun control will get through, because of the Republican House.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    If this is true, I will not support Starbucks at all.

556521_4826498759164_301830669_n.jpg

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    It is as if they are "outlawing weapons" in their store to appease the liberal tards yet not willing to truly follow through due to what will happen if they do... Sounds like they need to get some balls and tell the liberals to pound sand, all of those little mocha sipping tampon wearing men and women will come regardless. Us americans however will quickly refrain if this is the case! Looks like it is time to let them know!

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Much like Dick's and the AR 15 issue, I said I would never step foot inside one again and I haven't. If this is true, then I won't step foot inside one again. It would be pretty easy since the only reason I did was to get my fiance her tea she likes from there. I did look at their "news" section and until it shows up there, I will take it as a hoax.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Just posted same letter in different section (sorry for dup). Found in on another forum where they indicated that it had been confimed via a phone call to Starbuck's HQ.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    MSNBC is just about to wet themselves over this memo. :rolleyes:

Starbucks never wanted to be the the pivot in a political debate, so I think a lot of us saw this coming when people started the "Starbucks Appreciation," and "Skip Starbucks" days.

They appear to be a rather left leaning company that was unwillingly drafted to be a poster child for firearm rights, in my opinion.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    On the rare occasion that I do go in I will still carry, the problem that brought this all up was OPEN carry and Starbucks got caught between 2 extremes. They are trying to walk a thin line by saying please don't bring them in, they are trying to appease both sides. If they had also said to the bored mothers "Protest somewher else" it would have been a lot nicer to us. Remember the majority of their buisness is the lefty liberals. You want to go in? Go in carrying concealed! They didn't say NO guns, they asked us to leave them outside. What they don't know won't hurt them (if you absolutely have to have Starbucks).

Just Sayin' :twocents:

Top Bottom