• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    nope, the democrats FUNDED the third party candidate, that is all the proof you need. If the republican lost it himself the democrats would not need to put money into a third party candidate. Time to stop hating the republicans so much, and hate the dems, they are the real problem, the republican candidate was good. Dems helped to fund a third party, why would they do that if the republican was gonna lose on his own!??!? the truth is that the third party option always hurts the republican, never the democrat. the FACTS show this, copperhead is right.

Republicans need to quit pointing fingers blaming the 'third party" for their losses. The truth is the problem is people that vote on a candidate solely because of which party he is and not for the candidate. You cry all day about a third party being the reason you lost, but dont change your policies and keep voting against what the people want. the libertarian vote is more or less up for grabs, if they are the reason you are losing elections maybe you should court some of their beliefs to get their votes. Crying about them taking votes away from your candidate is an excuse to keep doing things as you've always done them and not change anything because someday there might not be a "third party" so you can finally win an election. Till then, i'll be investing in kleenex so keep em comin boys

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Republicans need to quit pointing fingers blaming the 'third party" for their losses. The truth is the problem is people that vote on a candidate solely because of which party he is and not for the candidate. You cry all day about a third party being the reason you lost, but dont change your policies and keep voting against what the people want. the libertarian vote is more or less up for grabs, if they are the reason you are losing elections maybe you should court some of their beliefs to get their votes. Crying about them taking votes away from your candidate is an excuse to keep doing things as you've always done them and not change anything because someday there might not be a "third party" so you can finally win an election. Till then, i'll be investing in kleenex so keep em comin boys

If you think about it, it is the establishment republicans mostly pushing the idea that third parties are costing them the election. They see Perot (sp?) as derailing Bush back in 1992. Thus they have a ready made scapegoat.

As a conservative I merely dislike the arrogance of the libertarians.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is always interesting to read the many facets of the GOP's victimhood.

Everyone in America has a sense of being a victim. The lawyers help that mindset along.

Look at most leftwingers. It is all about being a victim. It justifies getting revenge (like the kids who did the home invasions and rapes here in Indianapolis). Being a victim means that you do not have to have any responsibility.

One interesting aspect is the growing number of tomboys who are sort of anti-feminists. They are very strong young women who refuse to be victims.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Both Republican and Democratic parties are diverse. The democrats have their fringe idealists too. But they've figured out how they all can unite on some common issues, and agree to argue later about their disagreements. Destroy Republicans first, then they're free to fight among themselves all they want. So far it's working for them.

Republicans choose to fight each other now. They're splintered. Selfish. Stubborn. Idealistic. Back stabbing. None of the factions, alone, have enough political clout to win and none of the factions have the foresight to narrow its scope to include core common beliefs.

We have too many issues and problems to solve in one election cycle. Meanwhile the media is cluttering the political landscape with "national conversations" about everything.

The most pressing "national conversation" we need right now is this: America needs to decide if it's going to be a Social Democracy or a Republic. The result of that decision will decide many of the smaller arguments.

Republicans (I'm not including big 'L' Libertarians) are ill equipped for that discussion. They're too busy engaged in those smaller arguments that the Democrats are driving and letting the democrats further divide them and the media marginalize them. As Republicans are marginalized, some of them react by accepting the other side's ideology just to appear "reasonable". And then, some other Republicans are trying their best to out-conserve everyone else. STOP. Just stop.

If Republicans can't agree among themselves on the answer to that most important question of our time, how can they win that argument? Stop fighting each other about abortion, and gay rights, and wars on drugs, and amnesty, and obamacare. If there is anyone in the Republican party who favors a social democracy over a republic, they need to be kicked out of the "R-E-P-U-B-L-I-C-A-N" party. They also need to recruit Democrats and Independents who favor a republican form of government.

I'd really like Republicans put aside their social agendas for a time when those kinds of things can be argued without losing the bigger things. Their platform should include only those things you'd expect to see in a republic truly of the people. That would be Republican.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    That is BS. He was an excellent contender, and he did very well. He wasn't as famous as the former DNC head, but "Cooch" was right on what matters, policy. He was the type of good conservative that most are always complaining doesn't exist in the GOP. Now, if you are a liberal, which I presume you are based on your attack, you would hate that fact.

The Democrats play dirty politics because they have to. Their policies are all based on deception, because if the people knew the truth (they want to take away guns, etc.) then they would never get elected.

This is what all of you need to understand. Without deception, lies, attacks, and the ever-present cover of the liberal media, there are few places in America where a Democrat could be elected. The propaganda, illegal voting tactics, lies, personal attacks.....it's all the Democrats have on which to win. In an election based solely on the issues, the GOP would lose very few races across America.

The nation is overwhelmingly Republican.....it's just that so many don't realize it. The Democrat machine survives by perpetuating a myth that just isn't true....

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    If Republicans can't agree among themselves on the answer to that most important question of our time, how can they win that argument? Stop fighting each other about abortion, and gay rights, and wars on drugs, and amnesty, and obamacare. If there is anyone in the Republican party who favors a social democracy over a republic, they need to be kicked out of the "R-E-P-U-B-L-I-C-A-N" party. They also need to recruit Democrats and Independents who favor a republican form of government.

I'd really like Republicans put aside their social agendas for a time when those kinds of things can be argued without losing the bigger things. Their platform should include only those things you'd expect to see in a republic truly of the people. That would be Republican.

Most probably won't fully understand the points you have made but it is encouraging to see others who understand the big picture. This nation was founded as a Representative Republic, not a Democracy. The two are quite different and it is this that we, as supposed Republicans, must confront and deal with once and for all. And, yes, the Social agenda MUST be moved to the back burner and forgotten for now....the Fiscal side of our agenda MUST take precedence. Gays, abortion, guns.....the Democrats use these as propaganda tools against us in each and every election. They make them the critical platform messages for the Republicans when, in reality, they are very trivial when compared to the Fiscal side of our agenda. It's that message...limited government, power pushed back to the states, a strong national defense, the complete gutting of things like the EPA and "Homeland Security", that we MUST keep in the minds of voters who can understand the message if they are allowed to hear it. If all they think the GOP is about is abortion and gays, we will continue to see our world destroyed. We can do better. We must do better.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    So the Democrats say that criminals are coming to your door to get you to sign the recall petition, jeez you would think it was Acorn folks coming over.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    The question is no longer whether the republicans lose. But what happens next year when the democrats gain total control over government?

Trayvon's Amendment | Working to repeal and replace the second amendment with a common sense answer to gun control.
    The 28th Amendment | Trayvon's Amendment
    And that worthless POS has become the martyr that every "cause" needs to humanize their idiotic platform.
    Trayvon (May he rot in Hell) was a complete waste of life, food, space, air, and toilet paper!!
    He got exactly what he deserved and, IMO, the cretins who are using him as a poster boy for their attempt to take our rights away need to be charged with sedition and, if found guilty, executed.
    That might slow down some of the micro brain idiots who are Hell bent to destroy this nation.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    The question is no longer whether the republicans lose. But what happens next year when the democrats gain total control over government?

Trayvon's Amendment | Working to repeal and replace the second amendment with a common sense answer to gun control.
    The 28th Amendment | Trayvon's Amendment

Dont worry, the Republicans will put someone like Romney up against em. You know, they will complain about something the Dems are trying to pass, then elect the person that created said legislation to run against them.

Then the Repubs motto will be "Anyone but (insert other persons name here)" Then when the Repubs lose, they will blame the third party and change anything to court said third party voters who would have no problem voting Repub if the damn party would give em a worthy candidate

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dont worry, the Republicans will put someone like Romney up against em. You know, they will complain about something the Dems are trying to pass, then elect the person that created said legislation to run against them.

Then the Repubs motto will be "Anyone but (insert other persons name here)" Then when the Repubs lose, they will blame the third party and change anything to court said third party voters who would have no problem voting Repub if the damn party would give em a worthy candidate

So???

Like I said, it has been the establishment types who have blamed third parties for loses. Starting with GHWB and Perot. But then the country is evenly divided, so democrats are winning with less than 1% of separation.

I expect democrats to do a complete sweep next year. Total control of all government. Then they will put the 28th amendment into effect. Are you prepared to deal with it?

The democrats have done a very good job of dividing their opposition. And keeping their own factions from fighting.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Do you people know what it takes to pass an amendment to the United States Constitution?

Because obviously the "Trayvon's Amendment" people are blissfully ignorant about the process.

Actually, after reading the text of the Amendment, that entire website was probably done by some bored kid that gets their jollies trolling people on the internet.

I'm gonna propose the 29th Amendment - The Right to Unicorns.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do you people know what it takes to pass an amendment to the United States Constitution?

Because obviously the "Trayvon's Amendment" people are blissfully ignorant about the process.

Actually, after reading the text of the Amendment, that entire website was probably done by some bored kid that gets their jollies trolling people on the internet.

I'm gonna propose the 29th Amendment - The Right to Unicorns.

The democrats believe that they will have total control thus be able to completely rewrite the constitution by 2020.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I think that they will wipe out the republicans, destroy the libertarians and then have the freedom to purge the various activists in their own ranks. Total control.

Democrats aren't going to push through the agenda you seem to believe they are after via the constitutional amendment process, ie. House, Senate, President, and 2/3 of state governorships AND legislatures.

Which leaves...what means, exactly, for them to get the "total control" they seek?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Democrats aren't going to push through the agenda you seem to believe they are after via the constitutional amendment process, ie. House, Senate, President, and 2/3 of state governorships AND legislatures.

Which leaves...what means, exactly, for them to get the "total control" they seek?

Pretty much, they gave up on that sometime in the early-mid 20th century. Once they packed the courts with judges that perverted (among other things) the "commerce clause", the 14th amendment, the fabled wall of church and state separation, and congress' authority to tax, the pretty much no longer to do the heavy lifting of passing an amendment.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So???

Like I said, it has been the establishment types who have blamed third parties for loses. Starting with GHWB and Perot. But then the country is evenly divided, so democrats are winning with less than 1% of separation.

I expect democrats to do a complete sweep next year. Total control of all government. Then they will put the 28th amendment into effect. Are you prepared to deal with it?

The democrats have done a very good job of dividing their opposition. And keeping their own factions from fighting.

I mostly agree with this.

The democrats believe that they will have total control thus be able to completely rewrite the constitution by 2020.

I may agree with this. The more "entitled", indoctrinated kids grow up and replace the older people who recognize nonsense, the less proportion of adults there are that will oppose nonsense. Thirty years ago most people would just laugh at the silly crap that is now main stream opinion. I think our Republic is ****ed. It's just not official yet.

So you think the dems can grab the house, keep the senate and control 38 states?

Democrats have an excellent shot at taking the house in 2014. The only reason dems are under scrutiny now is because of Obamacare. I think many dems who face realistic challengers will successfully distance themselves from that. They'll likely keep the Senate. I doubt Republicans will have the political courage to make democrats share the ownership with Obama for mess they've all made of the economy, healthcare, the scandals, everything. So democrats may gain full federal control in 2014.

As far as gaining the kind of control they need to rewrite the constitution, not for awhile. But more states are turning blue. Amnesty has a good chance of turning many red states blue, especially border states, and of course the purple states will definitely turn blue.

So yes, I think eventually democrats will control at least 38 states if those who oppose democrats continue their current paths. At that point, the only serious arguments about changing the constitution will be among democrats.

I think a likely opposition against democrats will be a very weak Republican party, perhaps a new third party, or a stronger but still not strong enough Libertarian party.

I think that they will wipe out the republicans, destroy the libertarians and then have the freedom to purge the various activists in their own ranks. Total control.

As seen here on INGO, we are fighting each other and ignoring the real threat.

I kinda agree with this, except some Republicans are part of the real threat.

It's not like anyone with significant political clout pays particular attention to the constitution as it stands now anyway. Obama rules by fiat. Congress passes unconstitutional crap. The SCOTUS just calls it constitutional so that most folks who pretend they care will mostly shut up.

Who needs a rewrite of the constitution? Except for making what they want to do, official.

Top Bottom