• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    We are losing sight here. They do not have to pass the "28th Ammendment". They only have to pass a bill with no sunset, and to do that they only need both houses of congress, and a willing president. There are lots of candidates that are not perfectly in line with my beliefs, but some are much closer than others. If we remain divided, it will be like Trooper says. I don't think there is one of us that wants that, and the opposition will never rest.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Pretty much, they gave up on that sometime in the early-mid 20th century. Once they packed the courts with judges that perverted (among other things) the "commerce clause", the 14th amendment, the fabled wall of church and state separation, and congress' authority to tax, the pretty much no longer to do the heavy lifting of passing an amendment.
    I think you're on to something here.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    The democrats believe that they will have total control thus be able to completely rewrite the constitution by 2020.

Actually "total control" of the federal government, and JBT-gery, would probably just hasten the day of the 10th Amendment reckoning. Sooner or later the States will realize their very existence is threatened by the monstrosity on the Potomac.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    Update The Democrat CO Senator has resigned!
    Colorado lawmaker facing possible recall over gun-control vote resigns

So that means the D's can fill the position until the next election (next year) and avoid losing their majority!
    Nice play Ds! very nice!
    Screw what the people may want. :facepalm:

She is probably one of the worst examples of a tryant. She did play according to the law, but knows the people were going to get rid of her. Now with IN we could not really say much. We elected that idiot donnelly because the republican made one rape commment. Guess what? Since he has been in office that Obama lover ( read that how you want) has voted for amnesty, and also gun control by the gutting of the filibuster. there is no two ways to slice it. That was a vote for gun control so that (censored) obama could pack the courts.

I hope they have dems running scared. The problem is that there are way too many illegals and their anchor babies in CO that its becoming california east and they keep dems in power.

She resigned because she wanted to keep the laws. So I fail to see how she can argue about the will of the people.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    copperhead
    she resigns becuase the d machine in CO forced her for the betterment of the party.
    the machine did not want to give up that seat, so best to get rid of her now then lose it.
    good tactical play by tye machine. i give them credit for that move on their part. why our side didnot see it coming is beside me.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    copperhead
    she resigns becuase the d machine in CO forced her for the betterment of the party.
    the machine did not want to give up that seat, so best to get rid of her now then lose it.
    good tactical play by tye machine. i give them credit for that move on their part. why our side didnot see it coming is beside me.

Our side sadly conducts themselves with honor. Something the other does not know about.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Because "our side" is beyond shenanigans to stay in power. Purple implied. You can't assume your party values what you value.

i'm not an R or a D or an I or an L.
    i have no party i. all parties are out for power and only power. the Ds are playing a good game right now that is all.

@copperhad
    what the Rs have to do is fine a way to make money off the immigrantion issue and only then can they win that vote. it's in one ones best interest to fic the immigration 'problem' right now.

*removed comments re: race discussion*

Last edited by a moderator:

Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    I think its time for Indiana to have a recall process for all elected positions including congress.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think its time for Indiana to have a recall process for all elected positions including congress.

I've always felt that scheduled elections were the time and place to recall politicians. I don't like that opponents use recalls as a way to oust their political opponents. The Walker recall in Wisconsin is an example of that. Walker didn't hide his ideology during the campaign. He stumped a smaller government message. If he'd have failed in achieving that, I don't think his opponents would have attempted a recall. They tried to recall him because he did what he said he would do.

But there are a lot of politicians who hide their true political objectives. So I think I would be open to having a recall process for those kinds of politicians.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    I've always felt that scheduled elections were the time and place to recall politicians. I don't like that opponents use recalls as a way to oust their political opponents. The Walker recall in Wisconsin is an example of that. Walker didn't hide his ideology during the campaign. He stumped a smaller government message. If he'd have failed in achieving that, I don't think his opponents would have attempted a recall. They tried to recall him because he did what he said he would do.

But there are a lot of politicians who hide their true political objectives. So I think I would be open to having a recall process for those kinds of politicians.

I hope they do it to the next democrat in WI but republicans play by way too many rules and wont stoop as low. it would also be nice if they tried to recall that senator they elected.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Not sure how we got here from the OP, but just a reminder on the rules:
    5) Religious and racially based threads of any nature are not allowed on INGunOwners.com.
    All Indiana Gun Owners should feel comfortable on this forum no matter their race, religion or color. Everyone is welcome here on INGO and should feel comfortable being associated with this site.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    Not sure how we got here from the OP, but just a reminder on the rules:

Does mentioning crime rates by race or any other fact that might be "inconvenient" violate rules? Does pointing out stories of the double standard of hate crimes violate the rules or the knockout game?

This is part of how we are losing the battle and is illustrated right here about how the left does not play by the rules, but fellow patriots want us to play by the rules.

Bigotry is wrong, pointing out facts though are never wrong even if someone is offended by them.

You heard it here first guys "public image" attitudes will one day cost us our guns and I will go as far to say make every state CA and every city Detroit. Once we are a craphole there is no change to go back.

Top Bottom