• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usermax2000

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Hi i heard from a few people that the rut was supposed to be real good this year. What have you all heard. And i was told by a few people we're going to get alot of snow????? any answers............:ar15:

Last edited:

deer hunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Hi i heard from a few people that the rut was supposed to feel good this year. What have you all heard. And i was told by a few people we're going to get alot of snow????? any answers............:ar15:

I am not sure how it will feel. You might have to ask the bucks and does.:dunno:

Ed p.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Greenfield
    A few guys at work are reporting seeing more bucks at different times through the day,and i have seen 4 dead bucks on the road this week.All signs the rut is starting.Im hoping this weekend is good with the cooler temps. planning all day sit. According to my dad and his farmers almanac(lol)below normal snow this winter.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I think every year is good during the rut, just depends if your in the right place at the right time, an how the buck population an maturity is in a given area...some guys will see an get monsters an say it was a good year, while others won't see anything an say it was a bad year. But the rut was the same.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I think every year is good during the rut, just depends if your in the right place at the right time, an how the buck population an maturity is in a given area...some guys will see an get monsters an say it was a good year, while others won't see anything an say it was a bad year. But the rut was the same.

this but to add a little the folks that say it was a bad rut might think it was the greatest rut of all time had they been sitting one ridge over or spent 1 more hours on stand

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The weather patterns look promising through mid november, mainly with lower temps than we've been seeing. Also, and my biggest thing is we will be in the dark of the moon through the best 10 days of the rut which hasn't happened in 4 or 5 years. I'm tagged out, but will do my best to be of assistance to my hunting partners in scouting and KILLING SLICKS!

Top Bottom