• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Well now I am confused a bit. Probably the only one in the state. I was under the assumption that here in Franklin county we have a antlerless number of one. So was thinking we can take one antlered and one antlerless. Neighbor says we can take antlerless in archery season and another in Rifle season. License is the deer bundle. What do you experts say???

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    I say:

You can take 2 antlerless or one antlerless/one antlered in archery season, (2 total) with separate archery licenses.

You can take one antlered deer in firearms season, with a firearm license. You cannot take an Antlerless deer with a Firearms License.

If you haven't taken an antlered deer in Firearms Season, or Archery Season, you can take one in Muzzle Loader season. If you have taken antlered in FA season/Archery Season, you can take one antlerless deer in ML, with a ML license.

With either a Firearms Bonus Antlerless License or Archery Bonus Antlerless License you can take antlerless deer, in any county, up to the limited amount allowed per hunter in that county. (I don't remember if the License are sold for separate weapons, or just Bonus Antlerless)

You can move county to county, filling your allotted Bonus Antlerless quota for the given county.

Having my Comprehensive Lifetime Hunting/Fishing License for decades, I don't really remember if you can just buy a "Bonus Antlerless" License and use it in any given weapon season. I tend to think you can. I carry a license to pile them up, but I only take what we can eat.

I also, and you also, have opportunity to take even more deer in reduction zones and State Park hunts.

With the Bundle License, you can take either 2 archery deer, Buck & Doe, or 2 Doe. Plus 1 bonus Doe

If having not taken a Buck in Archery Season, you can take a Buck in Firearms or ML season, then 2 Doe, while obeying the particular county quota.

You cannot take more than one Antlered deer with all combined seasons, with or without the Bundle License.

You can take up to three Antlerless deer, with the Bundle License, as long as you follow all season and county limits.

Also, I reserve the right to edit this post if someone calls out a brain fart I might have put in writing.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I say:

You can take 2 antlerless or one antlerless/one antlered in archery season, (2 total) with separate archery licenses.

You can take one antlered deer in firearms season, with a firearm license. You cannot take an Antlerless deer with a Firearms License.

If you haven't taken an antlered deer in Firearms Season, or Archery Season, you can take one in Muzzle Loader season. If you have taken antlered in FA season/Archery Season, you can take one antlerless deer in ML, with a ML license.

With either a Firearms Bonus Antlerless License or Archery Bonus Antlerless License you can take antlerless deer, in any county, up to the limited amount allowed per hunter in that county. (I don't remember if the License are sold for separate weapons, or just Bonus Antlerless)

You can move county to county, filling your allotted Bonus Antlerless quota for the given county.

Having my Comprehensive Lifetime Hunting/Fishing License for decades, I don't really remember if you can just buy a "Bonus Antlerless" License and use it in any given weapon season. I tend to think you can. I carry a license to pile them up, but I only take what we can eat.

I also, and you also, have opportunity to take even more deer in reduction zones and State Park hunts.

With the Bundle License, you can take either 2 archery deer, Buck & Doe, or 2 Doe. Plus 1 bonus Doe

If having not taken a Buck in Archery Season, you can take a Buck in Firearms or ML season, then 2 Doe, while obeying the particular county quota.

You cannot take more than one Antlered deer with all combined seasons, with or without the Bundle License.

You can take up to three Antlerless deer, with the Bundle License, as long as you follow all season and county limits.

Also, I reserve the right to edit this post if someone calls out a brain fart I might have put in writing.

Hope that helps.
    As a general rule, this is correct.
    There is, however, an exception, and I'm hoping to exploit it this year.
    All of the above information is correct, the exception being with the statement highlighted in red.
    If you are drawn for a state park hunt, you can take 3 antlerless, or 2 antlerless and 1 antlered deer, and NONE of them count against/toward your regular county quotas.
    There is also no license expended on the state park deer.
    You must have a valid deer hunting license to apply for the hunt, but your harvest(s) do not invalidate any license.

This year, if I hunt every season and tag out, along with the state park hunt, I can take a total of 11 deer including 2 antlered deer.
    This is including hunting the bonus county licenses in 2 counties with quotas of 2 bonus antlerless each.

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    Correct! I kinda skimmed over that in paragraph 7. Only once have I gotten 3 antlered deer in a season......Atterbury Military hunt, Shakamak State Park hunt, then my Archery buck near Monroe Res.

I think Indiana has plenty opportunity to get out, have some fun, and whack some deer.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Archery: your allowed 1 buck/1 doe or 2 doe. So with your bundle you would still have 1 tag left to use for your bonus county quota. If you use your 3rd bundle tag for a bonus doe, then your done with Franklin county bonus does. You can’t take any during firearms since firearms allows only 1 antlered deer.
    So, during firearms, if you haven’t shot anything during archery your bundle allows you 2 deer. 1 antlered and 1 bonus. You would have to use archery gear during firearms to take a doe or wait until muzzleloader. Your Franklin county bonus quota has been lowered to 1 Revised map: 4CF35061-A944-45F9-AE6A-D134D1696069.png

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Archery: your allowed 1 buck/1 doe or 2 doe. So with your bundle you would still have 1 tag left to use for your bonus county quota. If you use your 3rd bundle tag for a bonus doe, then your done with Franklin county bonus does. You can’t take any during firearms since firearms allows only 1 antlered deer.
    So, during firearms, if you haven’t shot anything during archery your bundle allows you 2 deer. 1 antlered and 1 bonus. You would have to use archery gear during firearms to take a doe or wait until muzzleloader. Your Franklin county bonus quota has been lowered to 1 Revised map: View attachment 229591
    Shoo the deer into the next county, and THEN shoot it!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Ok thanks, I had a thought maybe you had to wait for gun season to apply for the bonus anterless.
    No.
    Bonus antlerless tags are good for any season.
    You must use the equipment germane to the season.
    The deer license bundle can be used for any season, while adhering to the season/county bag limits.
    They can be used for bonus county antlerless quotas, for firearms season, archery season, or muzzle loader season.
    You can not use a bundle license on the deer reduction zone hunts, or on some state owned properties.

Top Bottom