• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    After being here almost 10 years now, and feeling like I have lost 2 friends in Churchmouse and BigTanker, I did some thinking over lunch.

I know I don't post as much as some people on here, but I do spend hours and hours every week on this forum. I am lucky to be able to do that with my job. Now after almost ten years, this place really just starts to feel like one big family. Even if I don't see eye to eye with some people on here, they are still part of this big family we call INGO and I wouldn't want to lose any of you. I look forward to hopefully attending or hosting a group shoot sometime to meet some members face to face.

I went back and looked at some of my first posts and had to laugh at just how naive I was. I was a normal country kid that grew up around guns my entire life. But those guns were just your standard hunting guns: 10/22, deer shotgun, turkey shotgun, and a muzzleloader, maybe a pistol for home defense. That's all my dad had and that's all I thought I needed.

Fast forwad to 10 years later and I am buying an 84 gun safe to fit all my toys in. AR's have turned into an addiction and don't even get me started on NFA items. Who knew stamp collecting could be so much fun.

So I guess I just want to say I really love this place and the membership we have here, even if you guys did cause me to spend a small fortune over the last 10 years.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    After being here almost 10 years now, and feeling like I have lost 2 friends in Churchmouse and BigTanker, I did some thinking over lunch.

I know I don't post as much as some people on here, but I do spend hours and hours every week on this forum. I am lucky to be able to do that with my job. Now after almost ten years, this place really just starts to feel like one big family. Even if I don't see eye to eye with some people on here, they are still part of this big family we call INGO and I wouldn't want to lose any of you. I look forward to hopefully attending or hosting a group shoot sometime to meet some members face to face.

I went back and looked at some of my first posts and had to laugh at just how naive I was. I was a normal country kid that grew up around guns my entire life. But those guns were just your standard hunting guns: 10/22, deer shotgun, turkey shotgun, and a muzzleloader, maybe a pistol for home defense. That's all my dad had and that's all I thought I needed.

Fast forwad to 10 years later and I am buying an 84 gun safe to fit all my toys in. AR's have turned into an addiction and don't even get me started on NFA items. Who knew stamp collecting could be so much fun.

So I guess I just want to say I really love this place and the membership we have here, even if you guys did cause me to spend a small fortune over the last 10 years.
    Most expensive website you'll ever visit :laugh:

it was even worse when we had some regulars doing some really great gear/equipment reviews. I remember reading those and being like "I didn't know I needed one of those, now I do"

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Comparing when I was told by Fenway that he was getting ready to open this site to today, I can't believe how well this site has been run and still operating with such a great following. The knowledge I have found on this site and the friendship is beyond belief.

I raise a glass of Four Roses Single Barrel to the next very many years!

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    INGO is special because of the community and relationships. No better demonstration of that is needed than the response to the loss of Churchmouse and Big Tanker.

I was active on three different firearms related Boards. Two fell into disuse one out of disfavor, INGO stayed.

Someone had a sig line of, INGO - to small for a republic, to large for an insane asylum. More than once I have thought that an appropriate description.

I've had the opportunity to break bread with other INGO'ers, and shoot with them. Everyone I have met IRL has been a stand up citizen, and enjoyable to be around.

A large component of what has kept INGO going and strong is reasonable and rational moderation. The Mods do a great job of holding a standard while also balancing support of wide ranging discussions. All while they protect us from the scammers and unsavory.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I’ve been a member since 2011 and must say this forum is by far the best 2A (and then some) forum on the internet. In addition every INGOER I’ve met at events or dealt with by way of the classified has been a stand up person!
    RIP to Churchmouse and Big Tanker. You are missed greatly!!!
    Keep it going INGO!

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Sounds like a bunch of paid political endorsements. Bunch of suck ups. :lmfao:
    Nope! Just honest thoughts about INGO as a 2A community.
    Maybe you should think about saying something positive instead of negative in the context of the crazy world we live in. Peace!

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Losing church and bigtanker hurts, luckily I got the chance to meet church, cool dude, we stood around and BS’ed on my lunch break. I would hit the air horns every time I drove by his compound. I never got to meet bigtanker, unfortunately. I sure would have liked to. I often wonder how many times I’ve run into some of you and never known it.

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana

This is a high quality forum. It isn't huge but is high quality. I've been part of much larger ones with much more activity but they had more noise vs signal.

Top Bottom