• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chiggins83187

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Whitestown
    So, I sold an AR and need a new carry gun. I'm looking for a 9mm, subcompact, with a good grip. By "good grip" I pretty much mean the width of a double stack. I'm used to a G22, and I'm looking to stay around that size for the grip. So, something like the Kahr PM9 or Walther PP/S are out of the question...they don't feel good in my hand.

I've been thinking about the M&P, XD, or sticking w/ Glock, and go with the G26. I went to Plainfield Shooting Supplies this afternoon and fondled them all. The M&P was the best feeling one.

Going to the indoor range in Lafayette this weekend, but unfortunately they don't have any of these available for rental.

Anyone have experience shooting them? Or, do you have suggestions on something different?

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    If grip size is a factor in your decision, buy a G-26, install a high-cap G-19 (or 17) magazine with an A&G Grip Spacer on it...it'll give you a full-sized grip on a subcompact frame.

WLW

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    M&P 9c is my choice due to excellent ergonomics. XD9c is a nice piece of equipment too (sold mine to a buddy at work). I choose the M&P specifically due to ergonomics because of the backstrap exchangability, and the lack of a "horn" on the trigger guard. I can't stand that feature on Glocks, XD's and others. I really wish Glock had never put a finger groove on the front of a trigger guard. For me not having the horn makes re-holstering much much easier. Less snags...

floatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    I have an M&P 9c and a G19. I like both, but the M&P fits my hand a lot better. It feels more natural to point, shoot, and it always works.
    How can you go wrong?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    A M&P9c is calling out to you...

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

-J-

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    If you still have the g22 then get the g27 and use the 22mags as reloads. Why switch calibers? If not go with what feels good to ya, M&P. Hey invite Indy-Guy on your range trip and but the ammo.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    All good choices. Really cant say much else, but try your best to shoot them before choosing. If that's not an option, then the one that feels the best and has the features you prefer.

chiggins83187

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Whitestown
    If grip size is a factor in your decision, buy a G-26, install a high-cap G-19 (or 17) magazine with an A&G Grip Spacer on it...it'll give you a full-sized grip on a subcompact frame.

Correct me if I'm wrong (wouldn't be the first time), but if I get the high-cap mag, won't I be back (or very close) to the size in height of my G22? That's one of the reasons I'm going with an SC model, smaller all around.

If you still have the g22 then get the g27 and use the 22mags as reloads. Why switch calibers? If not go with what feels good to ya, M&P. Hey invite Indy-Guy on your range trip and but the ammo.

I'm switching calibers for cost. I'm just a poor college kid, so I like to save money wherever I can (except in the initial purchase, or else I'd buy a Hi-point!). I hope to get more range time by switching to 9mm.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'd say one of the M&P compacts or a G23/19.

Both are just a little big bigger than the G26/27, but then again, most people add the pinky extention on the Glocks. By the time you do that, the grip is the same size as the G19 and 23!

Since it's grip and not so much barrel length (since that's what is going down your pants), you may as well carry a compact instead of a sub-compact.

:twocents:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    just personal choice, they are all great guns and between the three pretty much cover everyones different wants in the plastic gun category. Personally I love Glock, I do not like the m&p triggers and I do not like the way the xd feels in my hand and i dont like the grip safety on the xd. if you can get a chance to fire them then that is the best bet. my EDC is a G27 (same size as a 26) and i love it. I carry it all day and dont know its there. either way though they are all great guns good luck with your decision.

Top Bottom