• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I recognized this soldier's name from the Atterbury Appleseed shoot many INGOers attended recently.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...le_rifles_sponsored_by_wolf_iwi_mach_1_a.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/300720-cj_dillards_book.html

Turns out he's got quite the kill history.

EXCLUSIVE: Sgt. 1st Class Dillard Johnson is the US military’s deadliest soldier - NYPOST.com

Out of curiosity, how does the military confirm kills exactly? Do all soldiers come away knowing how many kills they have? Always wondered that.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Need someone else to see a body. Like your spotter. A drone. Ect. The kill is verified. It's data that is saved. People who blow it off as just a random number that doesn't matter is full of it and just trying not to sound like a deranged physco for the media basically. You want that count! Because the higher the number the more coalition or civilian lives you've saved.

Last edited:

LeadPharmer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2013
    Toledo, OH
    He counted the dead by tallying rifles — and human heads — among the mangled or charred wreckage left behind by the Carnivore.

Well, if that doesn't indicate the decimation laid down by a Bradley, I don't know what does.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    U.S. Soldier tells of killing 2,746 people during American invasion of Iraq

“It’s sort of sad to say, but they’re just another pencil mark,” Johnson told The Post, referring to his journal notations. “I didn’t think of the numbers . . . That’s not a boast I would make.”

“In my mind, I never killed anyone who wasn’t trying to kill me or trying to do harm.”

Imagine... invading a country, toppling its government, and people want to do harm to you. Terrorists.

Sgt. 1st Class Dillard Johnson is the deadliest US soldier on record - with 2,746 kills

23.1n006.Deadliest1--300x300.jpg

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    He seems to have a semblance of respect for himself. I wonder how much of that is media inflated lies.

I respect our soldiers, I just hate when our media takes a situation like this into their hands

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I'm about halfway through his book. Pretty much just declares stuff as fact; as opposed to reveling in the killing or anything. It was a war. He was a soldier. His book is actually one of the better autobiographical war books I've read. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. Don't fault a soldier for being damn good at his job. You want to complain about the war, complain about the politicians that sent our soldiers there.

BTW the article even says "Its a mantle which he is unwilling to embrace."

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Don't fault a soldier for being damn good at his job. You want to complain about the war, complain about the politicians that sent our soldiers there.

Correct. The soldier is merely the killing machine with the strings being pulled by our politicians.

-Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    Check out the reviews on Amazon. Interesting.... Maybe he is a fraud. I was confused how he went from a Bradley commander to a sniper then back to commanding a bradley?? That doesn't make any sense IMO.

MPH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    <~NOT a 'Baker' unit
    I respect him for his service. I also feel sorry for him, and hope he gets help when the inevitable PTSD arrives. It's bad enough when you have to kill someone, let alone the amount he did.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    The authors were at the recent Atterbury Appleseed event. CJ seems like a decent fellow and I'm reading the book now. I have not gotten to combat yet, but there are some pretty funny parts. The chapter on Lipstick Lizards had me laughing at lunch today.

I'm also curious as to how he went from Bradley to Sniper, etc. That said, I looked him up in the Army's narrative of the invasion and they mention him by name getting his Bradley right in the middle of a hornet's nest during the invasion and I have seen references to his uniform and rifle log book being in the Ft Stewart museum. I checked his claim of having a silver star on .mil's list and it verifies.

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. Don't fault a soldier for being damn good at his job. You want to complain about the war, complain about the politicians that sent our soldiers there.

BTW the article even says "Its a mantle which he is unwilling to embrace."

You misunderstood me.
    I fully respect the man. I understand the role of a soldier. As a highly trained killing mechanism.

What I meant is that our media has a tendency to take the stories of our vets and twist them for profit, usually identifying only key points and exaggerating others to keep consumer interest. I hate when a vet has the opportunity to get his word out and the result is actually alot less than a truthful rendition of his life, service, etc.

I meant absolutely no disrespect to him or our armed services, just hoped he got the respect from the ones portraying him.

Top Bottom