• churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All I can say is WOW.
    I struggled with this same system attempting to raise my 3 boys from the 1st "X"
    The system sucked then and apparently still does.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Couldn't get the video to play. Is it truly as your title says it is?

I think a lot of people are checking it out right now. But, the guy did overpay and visit too much. I don't understand how he was not notified about changes to the court order, but that's the problem. I believe the reason for the sentencing is because he was found to be in contempt after getting upset and walking out of court. Still, the guy was doing the right thing and got hosed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think a lot of people are checking it out right now. But, the guy did overpay and visit too much. I don't understand how he was not notified about changes to the court order, but that's the problem. I believe the reason for the sentencing is because he was found to be in contempt after getting upset and walking out of court. Still, the guy was doing the right thing and got hosed.

I understand his anger. I have been in the hot seat even when I was up to speed on support.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Wow... As somebody that has dealt with this system, it sucks! Luckily I got custody of my daughter six years ago. My ex doesn't pay support, but I agreed to it, the little bit of extra money spent on groceries and such is worth it knowing my daughter is safe!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wow... As somebody that has dealt with this system, it sucks! Luckily I got custody of my daughter six years ago. My ex doesn't pay support, but I agreed to it, the little bit of extra money spent on groceries and such is worth it knowing my daughter is safe!

I fought for mine from day one. I could never get the court to let me have full custody until they turned 14 and had a strong say in where they lived. One at a time they came to us. I never pressed for support. The less I had to do with the "X" the better my life's quality. I chose poorly and those kids paid the price.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Fortunately I've never had these sort of problems with my ex, but this guy got truly F$$CKED by a corrupt and unjust system. I could understand how this guy could snap and take matters into his own hands. His baby mama is pure trash.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I fought for mine from day one. I could never get the court to let me have full custody until they turned 14 and had a strong say in where they lived. One at a time they came to us. I never pressed for support. The less I had to do with the "X" the better my life's quality. I chose poorly and those kids paid the price.
    Same here church, same here. Mine was 7, her mom got nailed for DUI, I thought that was the perfect excuse. She didn't even take it to court to fight it! Personally, I'd have lost everything to lawyer fees before I would sign her over!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Fortunately I've never had these sort of problems with my ex, but this guy got truly ****ED by a corrupt and unjust system. I could understand how this guy could snap and take matters into his own hands. His baby mama is pure trash.

I'm not sure about the details, but it didn't even sound like the mother made this happen.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Same here church, same here. Mine was 7, her mom got nailed for DUI, I thought that was the perfect excuse. She didn't even take it to court to fight it! Personally, I'd have lost everything to lawyer fees before I would sign her over!

That is what won me the kids. The "X" and her idiot new husband were using me as a revenue stream. When the 1st kid was about to turn 14 she said we were going back to court and when she found out she would most likely loose it was determined it might be OK for the oldest to come and live with me. The idiot even complained they were having a hard time making it without that part of the support. I just shook my head. They were down one mouth to feed and clothe and still had problems......:dunno:

When the youngest turned 14 they had no more reason to stick around as the well dried up so they moved to Florida.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    That is what won me the kids. The "X" and her idiot new husband were using me as a revenue stream. When the 1st kid was about to turn 14 she said we were going back to court and when she found out she would most likely loose it was determined it might be OK for the oldest to come and live with me. The idiot even complained they were having a hard time making it without that part of the support. I just shook my head. They were down one mouth to feed and clothe and still had problems......:dunno:

When the youngest turned 14 they had no more reason to stick around as the well dried up so they moved to Florida.
    sounds like a couple winners! ​I wish mine would move several states away... Maybe North Korea?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That headline is misleading, but the system need improvement.

I watched the story. First, he was behind in child support payments because he says he didn't know of the modification. Why? That's his attorney's or his job. Did the court not send out the order of modification? Did the court send it and the attorney and the attorney not notify him? Regardless of what the employer is doing regarding a garnishment, it's his responsibility to pay the correct amount or make sure the correct amount is paid. Yes, even if his employer screws up, it's still his responsibility.

So then, he finds out and pays off the deficit. Good for him. Seriously, that was the right thing to do. However, it apparently took the actions of the mother's attorney to bring that to his attention. That means he incurs attorney fees.

As for "overvisiting", he is either complying with the visitation or not. Not returning the child on time can cleverly be called "overvisiting", but it's violation of the custody order plain and simple and interference with the mother's custody.

Doesn't sound like a need for jail to me, but how many times had this "over-visiting" occurred? Had he been warned about it? How many times? There's history here.

...but I applaud the clever use of language by the attorney and advocates involved. Kudos.

Top Bottom