• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Hard to see this going anywhere other than politics:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/p...l-traffic-violations/ar-AAQ8nZ8?ocid=msedgntp

...but here's the money-shot:

"The bill also provides that no law-enforcement officer may lawfully stop, search, or seize any person, place, or thing solely on the basis of the odor of marijuana," the Virginia bill states...."

Brought to you by the "Sniffing Dog Lobby?" Follow the money, Leadeye?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    FFS, just legalize the crap and be done with the issue altogether.

Further restricting the abilities of LEOs to conduct justified investigations will result in nothing other than more criminals out committing more crimes. If you don't want the police pulling cars over the busted tail lights then take busted tail light off of the list of infractions and remove the requirement for tail lights from the statutes.

The idiots who come up with this crap have no idea how many wanted murderers, rapists, burglars, thieves and molesters are caught during basic "routine" traffic stops completely unrelated to their serious crimes.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    FFS, just legalize the crap and be done with the issue altogether.

Further restricting the abilities of LEOs to conduct justified investigations will result in nothing other than more criminals out committing more crimes. If you don't want the police pulling cars over the busted tail lights then take busted tail light off of the list of infractions and remove the requirement for tail lights from the statutes.

The idiots who come up with this crap have no idea how many wanted murderers, rapists, burglars, thieves and molesters are caught during basic "routine" traffic stops completely unrelated to their serious crimes.
    You’re saying the people who don’t actually know what the police do and why they’re doing it shouldn’t be the ones making these rules? Like, that there’s more to stopping people for minor infractions than just writing a ticket? He’s a witch!

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    ...but here's the money-shot:
    Virginia has legalized possession and consumption for 21 and over.
    Operating while impaired is still a crime, but odor of a legal substance doesn't seem to meet that burden of proof.

And certainly many of these infractions are only enforced in order to provide RAS to stop, ID and search persons/property.
    We can argue about eliminating the laws that specify those infractions - I tend to agree, if they shouldn't be enforced then let's eliminate.

I'm also of the opinion that if you're going to cite me for speeding, then what I have in my suitcase/trunk is not relevant.

I'd expect more understanding from a group that doesn't think the government should be allowed to stop, detain and remove their legal property "for officer safety" during a traffic stop.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We can argue about eliminating the laws that specify those infractions, but I'd expect more understanding from a group that doesn't think the government should be allowed to stop, detain and remove their legal property "for officer safety".
    Not sure what you're talking about.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't ever plan on visiting Philly so they can turn it into a set from Escape From New York as far as I care. That goes for a lot of other woke metro areas. What I can't seem to do is disconnect them from my taxes.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I noticed a car driving by tonight that reeked of skunk weed (I was on the sidewalk at the time.) Maybe they could use the "I just hit a skunk" defense.

Top Bottom