• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Folks really go to bed to the minute? They really fall right to sleep like clockwork? And don’t get me started on the people that feed their dogs the same time every day. Order is rare in nature, including ours…
    Dude, I can pretty much fall asleep on demand. But I do not demand to fall asleep at the exact same time every night.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Every year?
    You will be eventually changing daytime and nighttime hours. If the sun rises about 7:20AM this year, it will rise at 8:20AM next year, then 9:20AM, etc., etc. If you make an annual change in one direction, you have to make an annual change in the other direction.
    Did you mean to use purple text?

You don't have to make a change in the other direction.
    Why be such a conformist?
    It's time to teach time who's boss.
    Think of all the roofers and construction guys who won't have to be up at 4am.
    Think of the sleep you'll get if they're not pounding away at 6am.

Like the Chamber Brothers said "Time Has Come Today".

And yes, purple was implied...............maybe.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

A reasonable and straightforward take on the flawed origins and continued silliness of coonfingering all the clocks.

From the article:

You will say that DST is a small thing, and that’s probably true, but it is also a lesson in how irrational bureaucratic measures can perpetuate themselves long after everybody has learned to despise them and their only purpose for existing has been refuted. DST is insidious for its contagious properties and because it remains just below the threshold of serious annoyance required to animate opposition. It is nevertheless a noxious exercise in social engineering that nobody should have to put up with.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

A reasonable and straightforward take on the flawed origins and continued silliness of coonfingering all the clocks.

From the article:
    Glad you found a writer whose opinion you like.

At the end of the day, when presented with a choice of changing clocks twice or the sunset an hour earlier than we now have, most working families, I know, want that evening sun.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I love it! Makes my life better...
    Indeed, the truth shall set you free!
    Glad you found a writer whose opinion you like.

At the end of the day, when presented with a choice of changing clocks twice or the sunset an hour earlier than we now have, most working families, I know, want that evening sun.
    No, we've been through this before, time and again.

Nobody wants to change the clocks twice per year and nobody wants less evening sun for the few winter months enough to continue that ridiculous ritual. They'd all rather set it and forget it - most but not all, it seems, on "summer" time.

Try making an argument for less evening sun during the (already less sunny) winter months, THAT is the only argument you'd have for continuing to switch back and forth.

I'll be waiting. Never happens, my friend. :coffee:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    You're probably right but why not adjust the clocks to an hour that best supplies that coveted evening daylight and be done with it? I'm indifferent to how we choose to align our clocks and the sun. It's the physical changing of the clocks that makes no sense. But if we must.... Central Time!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Indeed, the truth shall set you free!

No, we've been through this before, time and again.

Nobody wants to change the clocks twice per year and nobody wants less evening sun for the few winter months enough to continue that ridiculous ritual. They'd all rather set it and forget it - most but not all, it seems, on "summer" time.

Try making an argument for less evening sun during the (already less sunny) winter months, THAT is the only argument you'd have for continuing to switch back and forth.

I'll be waiting. Never happens, my friend. :coffee:
    I’m still lobbying for UTC. When I am Grand Poobah of the US, (GPOTUS) I will abolish timezones. While I’m at it I will also abolish HOA’s and bike lanes.

Top Bottom