• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    All you clock setting haters... I had to change a dozen... took me all of 5 minutes. And most of those were analog... I had to actually make the hands move! :):
    I forgot how to change the binary one. Took me a bit.
    Then the ones in all the vehicles... Gone are the days of the paperclip. Now you need a computer science degree and tech support on speed dial.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I forgot how to change the binary one. Took me a bit.
    Then the ones in all the vehicles... Gone are the days of the paperclip. Now you need a computer science degree and tech support on speed dial.

Mine uses the knobs on the radio to set it. It's not intuitive though. I have to fiddle with it to get past all the other things that are apparently controlled by the same knob(s).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The part of Tennessee I grew up in was on central time. In the winter, it got dark by about 4:30-5pm...if you were an early riser, it was great but if you needed daylight to do anything when you got off work in the afternoon, you didn't get much.

That's how it was when I lived in Mississippi. It was dark when I went to work, and it was dark when I got home.

"Save an hour" my ass. I spent it running around changing all the damn clocks.

It really sucks when you miss setting a very important clock and wake your spouse up an hour early. I set all the clocks I own except for my watch. Getting ready for work this morning I looked at my watch, "Oh crap! Gotta get the wife up!". My kid was like, "what's everyone rushing around for? Didn't you set your watch?"

****ing kid could have kept his mouth shut.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Because the majority of the legislators that won the majority of the votes in their races voted for it and the governor of the state of Indiana signed it.

Yeah and I guess I can be proud that it was my guy that proposed the law in the legislature. I did send him an email saying I would be working against his reelection henceforth. Henceforth. That is such a luxurious word. I need to use it more.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yeah and I guess I can be proud that it was my guy that proposed the law in the legislature. I did send him an email saying I would be working against his reelection henceforth. Henceforth. That is such a luxurious word. I need to use it more.

So....IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!

My wife is going to rip you a new one!

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Okay, I just used this nifty little resource Sun or Moon Rise/Set Table for One Year to calculate the sunset and rise times for Montezuma, IN for the entire year of 2015. Apparently, mid-June, the sun will be rising as early at 5:21 A.M. and early January, as late as 8:11. Likewise, it will be setting as late as 8:22 P.M. in late June and as early as 5:25 P.M. in early December. Both of those are without any DST adjustment and represent a nearly 3 hour shift at that latitude. Can someone present a cogent argument that a one hour shift would cure all those ills, of a sun setting as early at 5:25 on a summer's eve, and rising as late as 8:11 on a wintry morn?

In 2015, the DST change-over dates are Marsh 8 and November 1, so on March 7, the sun will rise at 7:14 and set at 6:48, but on March 8, it will rise at 8:12 and set at 7:49, only to still reach a rise time as early as 6:21 anyway in June. And on Oct. 31, the sun will rise at 8:17 and set at 6:49, but on Nov. 1, it will rise at 7:18 again and set at 5:48. I don't get it. What's the point? If we kept adjusting the time multiple times during the year, like twice so the sun was always rising between 7:15ish to 8:15ish, maybe I could see a point, but once you're going that far, screw it. Just start adding or subtracting minutes each night so that local noon coincides with sidereal noon (when the sun is directly over head, regardless of clock time).

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    My dogs played a mean DST trick on me this morning. They woke me up way early... I looked at the clock and thought it was ~5:30 in "dog time"
    so let them out and fed them breakfast. The dogs are not big fans of DST either. Heading back to bed & I realized no, it's not 5:30AM, it actually 3:30AM! Those sneaky dogs!!!

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Unfortunately my cats do not come with a DST on/off switch. :( Having breakfast an hour later lies not within their comprehension. However, when the spring change rolls around, it takes them exaclty one day to adapt to eating an hour earlier.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wife and I were tasked with picking up the G-daughter today from school. We went to Breakfast and then Sams club. When we rolled home with the Van full of product I noticed (on the Van clock) it was 40 minutes until time to pick her up. We panicked and blasted towards the school. When we rolled up there were no lines/kids.....Nadda. I looked at my cell and realized I had not reset the clock in the Van as yet........DUH

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Can someone present a cogent argument that a one hour shift would cure all those ills, of a sun setting as early at 5:25 on a summer's eve, and rising as late as 8:11 on a wintry morn?

I've never heard a cogent argument for the various time zones, let alone DST.

UTC makes sense

...and even Kirk could adjust his social schedule to the standard after a minimal learning curve. ;)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'll just leave this here... LOL

[video=youtube;q5q77MQzU2Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5q77MQzU2Q[/video]

Top Bottom