• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    If people that are very sensitive to this change just adjusted to it incrementally over a week or two it shouldn’t be that bad?
    This year I've actually tried more or less to keep my sleep schedule the same. So when we switched off of DST last fall I just kept getting up at the same time (so an hour earlier, by the clock) and thus had an extra hour before work, and one less hour after work. The wife and kids more or less did the same thing, too, so when the clocks switch on Sunday we won't need to worry about getting up earlier, I'll just have one less hour of free time before work on Monday, and one more hour of free time after work. My boss is also pretty flexible with hours, so this week I'm already going to start getting to work a bit earlier to get myself in the habit.

Overall I still don't like DST, but yeah, it's not like it ruins my life. One of those minor inconveniences that I'll gripe about online to kill time, but on the list of things I think really need to change in the world, it's pretty far down.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Myself I don’t care what time they call it. I just want it to be the same time all year. There are only so many hours in a day, and the light hours per day are set by the time of year. You can’t save daylight. It’s not a bank. Office people may like it, but us country bumpkins have to work if it’s light or dark.

Well a storm is coming but the planting, harvesting, mowing hay, feeding stock will have to wait. It’s not 7 or 8 or 9 o:clock yet. Ya, that works.
    It’s amazing though that so many still say the farmers wanted it. That burns me more than the actual clock changing itself, because we as a whole are not that stupid.
    Some of the farmers I know like DST because it matches up the working hours of suppliers they need to their long workdays.

Why would you “country bumpkins” care?

Just ask the NWS what time the storm will be there…
    If in an especially tough season (late, wet) my supplier is not open when I want them they are not my supplier, at least of choice.
    We work way longer hours than most of them.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    If you stay up late or get up early any other day or night of the year, are you screwed for the next week? Have you ever gone on a vacation to an area in another time zone?
    You do realize, don't you, that actual data exist around this question regarding circadian rhythm impact due to changing clocks? For example: https://www.sleepfoundation.org/circadian-rhythm/daylight-saving-time

(And even the shift in daylight for the midnight golfers has an adverse impact on circadian rhythm. The body needs that sunlight in the morning, not in the evening.)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It’s amazing though that so many still say the farmers wanted it.
    Why so? Are all farmers homogenized? Do all gun owners think the same? Does every farmer have the same priorities? It is amazing though that so many still say the farmers don’t want it? Sounds just as wrong either way to me…

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Why so? Are all farmers homogenized? Do all gun owners think the same? Does every farmer have the same priorities? It is amazing though that so many still say the farmers don’t want it? Sounds just as wrong either way to me…
    I don’t want you to think I’m some kind of homo or somthin.
    -trucker clock

Top Bottom