• Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Continued prayers.

Anyone good at making avatars able to make one we can all use to show our support? Kinda like the blue lights and badges we've done in the past, but not in memory, but in support for her fight.

Does she have a favorite toy or cartoon we can use?

Howzabout just this?

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Continued prayers.

Anyone good at making avatars able to make one we can all use to show our support? Kinda like the blue lights and badges we've done in the past, but not in memory, but in support for her fight.

Does she have a favorite toy or cartoon we can use?

She rarely watches tv or plays with toys, she's more of a reader or craft type of girl. When she's not doing those two things it's softball, basketball, swimming or just being outside in general. Thanks for the idea though!

To Baldguy637,

Here is what is going to happen:

In about 24 hours you are going to be sitting in a hospital room with a little girl. You are going to have people coming and going. You are going to be hearing about how well everything was, how happy the surgeons were with her surgery. She is going to be unhappy with something in her room. There will be flowers and at least one stuffed teddy bear. If there is NOT a stuffed teddy bear (or her equivalent favorite animal) you WILL need to get one.

In about 48 hours you will be in the same hospital room. Now you will be slightly bored. The routine will be setting in. She will already be complaining about wanting to go home. She will also probably be complaining about having to lug around an IV stand going to the bathroom. You or mom will help. The room will be more stuffed with flowers and things that get in the way.

In about 96 hours you will be getting a headache from the discharge. She will be pushing to be home for the weekend. There will be MUCH paperwork. There will be a nightmare of paperwork and instructions. Three different nurses will give you the same instructions three different times. There will be scheduled followup appointments, which your wife will take care of. There will be a minor logistical nightmare of how to get all this crap down to the car. She won't want to be wheelchaired out because she is a big girl and can walk, but they will make her anyway and being a good girl she will go along with it.

You will have an obnoxiously cold drive home. There will be handfuls of stuff that are dragged into the home. Everyone will be happy to be there. At some point you will feel like crying for joy that everything is OK and feel silly about worrying so much. That is to be expected. That is what good dads and moms do.

In about a week or more you will have the headache of followup appointments. Slowly, normal will set back in. And you will wonder at all the stress you went through.

All will be fine.

Doug

Thanks Doug, that sounds about right, lol.

Howzabout just this?

That's Awesome, she'll love it!

Simple enough! Baldguy...you ok if we use your daughter's picture as a show of support for your family during this time?

It's fine with me, she's doing some labs now. Her blood pressure was up a little, but that's mostly from the nervousness if I had to guess.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    She rarely watches tv or plays with toys, she's more of a reader or craft type of girl. When she's not doing those two things it's softball, basketball, swimming or just being outside in general. Thanks for the idea though!

Thanks Doug, that sounds about right, lol.

That's Awesome, she'll love it!

It's fine with me, she's doing some labs now. Her blood pressure was up a little, but that's mostly from the nervousness if I had to guess.

Sounds good...we're all praying for you guys! I've updated my avatar and put a link to the original thread in my signature.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The doctors and nurses at Riley are awesome. She is in really good hands.

Here's to a speedy recovery to her, and for your family to get back to normal soon.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    You can never have too many people praying for her. Prayers sent and I have a good feeling that its going to go very well. Lot's of people pulling for her and your family.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Will be praying for her as well as you and the rest of the family and medical staff.

Top Bottom